+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Desperate to save my marriage

Desperate to save my marriage

Hi folks, this is my first post. I'm desperate for advice please.

I have been with my wonderful husband for almost 10 years. We both adamantly never wanted children, even before we met, but then out of the blue a year ago, broodiness hit me like a bolt out of the blue. My husband still feels how he always has, children are not an option. I respect that.

It has caused me so much confusion, should I stay or go, what really matters to me etc. We split up briefly around 4 months ago, I still love him to pieces and I couldn't be without him so we got back together. In the time since then, things have been really good... Until about 2 weeks ago when this all started playing on my mind again.

I made the decision to leave. Thing is, I love my husband dearly, and I want to stop feeling conflicted about staying with him. Life with him is truly the life I want. But when the broodiness strikes, it's very powerful, and I keep hurting him and making rash decisions that I regret almost immediately.

Is there a way we can move past this and work it out? Most of the time, the concept of a child is dreadful to me. Is this my body clock or hormones tricking me? How can I pacify them? And how can I deal with those strong emotions in a productive way?

I've actually booked in for some private counselling to explore some of this, but would love to hear any thoughts in the meantime.

I really want to save my marriage. This is the first issue we have ever had, we get on brilliantly.

Sorry but the only way to pacify desire/hormones is to get a hysterectomy. Hope counseling works for you.

Desperate to save my marriage

Quote Originally Posted by lottiebird View Post
    Life with him is truly the life I want.
    I dont understand why you say this when you are not at all that contented and sure not happy with the situation. You wanted to have a child and he doesnt want to, I dont think this means the life you want. It's good that you want to save your marriage, everyone wants to have a wonderful marriage but some end up terrible. ALl I want to say is decide if you are ready to give up the dream of having a child and be with him for the rest of your life then you better go tubal ligation.
    Free web cams