+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I like my friends younger brother?

Do I like my friends younger brother?

I'm 17 and in my last year of school. One of my best friends is 18 and has a 15 year old (very nearly 16) brother. He's only a year and a half younger than us and I've thought he was attractive for a few years but always tried to put it out of my mind because he's "too young" or just because he's (let's call her Sarah's) brother. The last few months sarah has had a couple house parties and her brother Ian and his friends have been there. He's a total flirt with all the girls (a 15 year old boy surrounded by older girls is always going to be I guess) and he always tries to annoy me in a jokey way. He does the same thing at school. I don't really know him that well, so sometimes I assume I'll just walk past him in the corridor, but he always says something. Him being annoying only makes me fancy him more?? Last party I was at with him I was really drunk and he taught me how to smoke weed. I couldn't look him in the eye the whole time because I just kept thinking how much I fancied him.

Anyways what the hell do I do? He's my friends little brother and she's the mum of the group. I can't tell her and things like this never just go away with me. Help!!

Why can't you tell your friend that you have a crush on her brother? Has she ever said anything about being upset if her friend were interested in him? We can't help whom we are attracted to, but we can decide our behavior around our feelings. If you're not comfortable admitting your crush just yet, then why not continue flirting and getting to know him a bit better?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I don't know I'm just a bit embarrassed I guess. She's the mum of the group and she looks after me and is really maternal about her brother. I don't think she'd actually have a problem with it but it'd be weird. Also he's 15, and it's not like he's still a child, but it just *sounds* so much younger you know? Like imagine we dated. Next year I'll be at university, able to drive, able to go out drinking and he won't even be in his last year of school yet? Idk

I totally get it. I can't fathom the idea of dating someone even 1 year younger than me and I'm 26 lol. I don't have a problem with age gaps in relationships, that's just my own personal taste. I do think that as you get older, the age difference really doesn't matter as much. Life experience is what will show you who is mature enough to be worthy of dating you. For now though, maybe you can just flirt a little and have some fun without taking everything so seriously. And who knows? Maybe one day, down the road, you two could end up dating after you've both grown into adults.

Make him a man, human traffic his balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeeling View Post
    Make him a man, human traffic his balls.
    Hahahahahaha. If they weren't children, I would agree with that. Still, that was funny.

He's 15 years old.....he is just a horny kid that will hump anyone's leg. Don't think for a moment he's this hopeless romantic that would make a great BF for you....he isn't there yet, maybe not for the next ten years.

I get why you're saying that, believe me I know 15 sounds really young. But I think half of the reason I find him so attractive is because he's actually quite mature for his age. As mature as, if not more than, a lot of he guys my age. He had a serious girlfriend for almost a year so he knows how to treat a girl properly. It was clear he was in love with her, but they've broken up now.