+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i have a date this weekend and we are both...

i have a date this weekend and we are both...

it's our 2nd date, the first one was a double date a friend said we are so alike and would be good for each other so we both agreed to meet.... our 2 talkative friends talked the whole time, actually the only time we talked was when i got into the car with them and introduced myself and then when i got dropped off and said it was nice meeting you. we texted today for the first time for like most the day, apparently according to my friend she thinks i'm handsome and i think she's cute, during this first double date we exchanged a lot of smiles. We are having dinner this weekend, just the 2 of us, what are questions i can ask and stuff so we don't have a long awkward silent dinner? i'll admit that we are completely alike in the regard that we are both dead silent when it comes to strangers.

As somebody who is EXTREMELY shy (and about a million times more so around women) I can certainly relate. The thing is, if she is also very quiet, then you may need to take charge and get the conversation flowing. Believe me, I of all people know that is SO much easier said than done. Thing is, how else is the ball ever going to get rolling if you are both the type not to talk much? Otherwise you'd just sit there silently eating.

As far as what to talk about.... I mean, that's hard for anybody to answer really, because it depends on a number of things. Do you know enough about her to know if you two share any interests? You could talk about that. If not, maybe just talk about some of YOUR interests to see if she shares any and also ask her questions about hers. Like what she does with her spare time, what hobbies she has if any, etc.

Beyond that, honestly just start with the standard stuff. What do you do for a job? Do you have any brothers and sisters? Do you have any pets? How many walkers have you killed? How many people have you killed? Why? ....Wait, those last three may have been from the Walking Dead. Ignore those last three. :-P

LOL! But, seriously, just talk about ANYTHING. Hopefully from that, the conversation will flow naturally. Ask her questions about her, but also be sure to share information about yourself. You want to find a balance between the two. It shouldn't be you always talking about yourself, but it also shouldn't be you only asking questions about her yet never sharing any information about yourself. Believe me, I understand your concern over what happens if neither of you has anything to talk about and you just kind of stare silently and awkwardly. The thing is.... if you two hit it off well then the conversation will flow naturally. On the other hand, if you both wind up basically spending most of the date silent and it feels awkward, then honestly that is probably a pretty good indication that you aren't a good match anyway. It's like any date, really. You are trying to find out if you two are compatible. Being able to talk about anything and everything is one good indication you are. Never having anything to talk about is perhaps a good indication you are not.

Good luck to you!
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 23-03-16 at 06:54 AM.