+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting a shy girl?

Meeting a shy girl?

Hey guys! I’m a 17 year old (nope, my profile age isn’t true) that needs some help.

So, a few weeks ago I met a really cute girl at a party. We made out. Next week, we met again at another party and made out a lot and cuddled in a couch and stuff.

We then started texting. It was (and still is) a really good conversation with long texts full of interesting and funny stuff (hahah not like!!!)
    So, I decided to ask her out for a coffee, just to see how she is while sober (both times we’ve made out we’ve both been a bit drunk). She then said that she really wanted to, but that she feels like she will “ruin everything between us” with her shyness.

I know a girl that knows her, and she said that she’s really awesome when you actually get to know her, but she’s very shy in the beginning. Also, I’ve met people that are shy several times and it always turns out well in the end. So, I kind of told her all this (without seeming too desperate). But she wasn’t convinced.

Also (this is a bit important): Then I of course suspected that she maybe didn’t really want to meet, and just told me all this simply because she didn’t wanted to make me sad or whatever. So, I said something like “Oh that’s fine! We can bring it up later or something!”, not really expecting this to actually happen. However, to that she replied something like “No it’s not fine! I feel so frustrated because I really want to meet you, I just don’t dare because I’m too shy”.
    This convinced me that she actually wants to meet, so don’t propose that she’s not interested.

SO, to the question! What should I do now? All this happened a week ago, and since then we’ve basically just texted. I think it goes as well as it possibly can, but I also feel like we will either just become friends (and without seeming like a douche, I simply don’t want to become just a friend) or that we’ll simply just stop talking soon since it takes too long time without anything happening. I feel like I need to make a move, but at the same time I need to be sure that she feels “secure” (not a good word to describe but whatever) enough to meet.

Any tips?

(By the way, yeah, maybe I should move on. But she seems great, and I don’t meet girls that I like that likes me very often, so I don’t really see a reason to give this up just yet).

Well if shes really shy she wont get wasted and cuddle with u and stuffs i dont really get it but all i can say is the girl is either really shy and dont had a bad experience in being in a relationship or the girl is just making excuses but if you really want her then its up to you to make a plan ill be here all the way : )

Shy girls need a strong confident man that won't take no for an answer when she resists. Be that guy, confidence wins the girl.

I'm really shy so I sound pretty much the same as that girl. I think that you guys should definitely meet, but make sure it's somewhere that would make her feel more at ease. She seems really anxious so maybe the first time that you meet, it could be to go see a movie or something, it's a good place to go because there's less talking involved and it takes the stress away a bit. Of course, ask her what she would prefer.

And just try calm her down and say stuff like, it's normal to feel nervous and you are too (you probably are a little bit), that from texting her you can tell she has a great personality, that she has nothing to worry about etc.

When you guys meet don't be turned off her because of her shyness, just give her some time.😊

Quote Originally Posted by usernamee View Post
    I'm really shy so I sound pretty much the same as that girl. I think that you guys should definitely meet, but make sure it's somewhere that would make her feel more at ease. She seems really anxious so maybe the first time that you meet, it could be to go see a movie or something, it's a good place to go because there's less talking involved and it takes the stress away a bit. Of course, ask her what she would prefer.

And just try calm her down and say stuff like, it's normal to feel nervous and you are too (you probably are a little bit), that from texting her you can tell she has a great personality, that she has nothing to worry about etc.

When you guys meet don't be turned off her because of her shyness, just give her some time.
    Thanks, this was exactly the kind of reply I wanted!

Actually we met again this weekend at a party. Since we both were basically sober we could actually talk about stuff and mean it, and some misunderstandings were cleared. Also, we kissed and made out a bit, so it was great!

We're going to meet for coffee in a couple of days. And of course I won't be turned off haha, I understand her and shyness is just cute (to a certain extent.)

Life gives us all hard knocks..