+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting Online VS Reality

Meeting Online VS Reality

So I typed out this long thread, then my page refreshed somehow and everything disappeared so ill try wrap it up in less words this time.

I met this guy online almost 2 years ago, he was a friend of a friend. He added me on Facebook and I sent him a message to say hey and stuff. We've talked almost every day since, and we get on really well. We're very close friends now and I could tell him anything. He seems really nice.

We've met 4 or 5 times in "real life" if you get what I mean. The only thing is, we hardly talk at all cause we're both extremely shy. We talk a little bit but I always end up feeling uncomfortable because of the silence. It makes me feel annoyed because if things were the exact same as they are online, I'd love him. And I feel as though I love him now. But when we meet up, I don't feel any attraction at all. (Not to be rude but it doesn't help that he's foreign and I cant always understand what he's saying).

It's not completely his fault because I am shy too, and I can never think of something to say. Maybe it's nerves. I can think of plenty to say online.

I've told him that I loved him online twice, and he said he loved me too. He always tells me that I make him feel really happy. I try not to say it so much these days because I feel as though I'm leading him on, which I don't want to do, of course.

I don't know if I should keep meeting him and see if things get better, or if I should just say bye to him. I'm trying to think of it from his point of view.

Any ideas as to what I should do? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

A lot of being in love with someone has to do with face-to-face interactions. Physical chemistry is important... what you did was to invest emotionally in the *idea* of being in love. If you can't talk in person, there is no relationship.

Life gives us all hard knocks

I say, continue to talk to him as what you did in your online chatting. Sometimes efforts are a big influence we fall in love with another person. Just try to work it out.
    Free web cams

You are going to have to get over being shy and make the effort to be more physical with him. If you don't find a more confident guy.