+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Marriage or no? how long is too long?

Marriage or no? how long is too long?

I've been dating my BF for almost 6 year. We have had a pretty decent 6 years, with some hiccups. However I don't want to continue to date this man as my boyfriend, as I want to be married. He is a good man, works hard, has his own and I also have my own. I feel like he is the person for me. He has been married before to someone who he describes as selfish, rude and they were not compatible. I've never been married and we've talked about marriage and we both said we want to marry each other. I've also had the discussion with him when we first started dating, that I was in a 10 year relationship previously with a person who I knew I didn't want to marry and wasted 10 years of my life. I promised myself I will not give another man more than 5 years of my life if he doesn't want to marry me.

My question is how long is too long, to the point where a guy knows if he wants to marry a woman or not? At this point I feel like he isn't going to ask me and I need to make the decision if I want to stay or leave.

[URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=livelaughlove]#livelaughlove[/URL]

I don't think you're going to find a satisfying answer here. I was going through something sort of similar. Was with a guy for over 5 years and he NEVER EVEN MENTIONED MARRIAGE.

You have to straight up ask him. Maybe do it after a drink, maybe watch a movie about marriage. That's the only way to know. If he doesn't want to get married again, you have to find this out from the source and let him know that you can't be in a relationship where the paths of the people involved aren't aligned. If that's the case, you should mention how he knew that from the start.

Is there any reason why you haven't asked him?