+ Follow This Topic

Thread: where do i go from here

where do i go from here

Had a second date last night. The girl does seem interested in me. She lives 90 minutes away

We went to a basketball game then dinner. She took a pic of us and sent it to her mom and Her mom said "omg he is kind of cute!" she wa salso very touch feely. han in my hand, arm around my arm

While we were eating dinner we talked about what we look for in a relationship. I mentioned how I'm not into games and she said "I'm not leading you on. I don't want to be in a relationship with you.Its nothing about you, I just am focused on school"

I was shocked because it looked like she had interest in me(saying how she was excited to see me, or saying i miss you). So when we got back to my place I asked her "so what was the whole i dont want to be in a relationship with you "talk about? Are you saying you have no interest at all?

She said "I have 6 weeks left of school and I'm done. I have been in school for 5 years and I;m focusing on finishing. Then I'm taking time to myself. Right now I don't want anything with anyone until I finish school, so I can't really say what will happen betwen su but from now till school ends i dont want anything with nayone. But I will tell you I like you and am attracted to you"

So where do I go from here?

Given the distance, and the fact that she is getting close to graduation, I think it sounds like she means exactly what she says... she is not making any promises to anyone, she just wants to have some fun when she can find it. And she thinks you are cute. And she does not want to make any promises to you at this point in time.

She sounds smart.

Agreed with smarta$$. I don't think there's any need to read anything more into it than what she said. I will say this.... I agree with you that it seems a little abrupt that she felt the need to say this to you. Honestly, I think most of us would be pondering the same thing if we were in your position. I think she just as easily could have been more casual about that and achieve the same result without it making you wonder if maybe she's not that into you after all. But... hey... maybe she's just one of those no nonsense type of people. That is certainly not a bad thing.

If you are still interested in pursuing a relationship with her, then just go with her flow for now. If she's true to her word, then once she's graduated and taken some time for her, she'll perhaps be ready to take things more seriously going forward. Of course, that said, don't allow yourself to be too relaxed in the whole thing. It is important to have some sort of unwritten idea in your mind of what kind of pace you'd consider reasonable. If it starts to drag on too long where she still seems unwilling to commit to anything more serious, then that is the time to maybe move on if that is not enough for you.

For now, though, why not give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that what she said was exactly what she meant? Heck, she certainly should focus on finishing her education, so good for her for beinh so dedicated to that. Good luck!