+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he not worth the effort or am I overthinking this?

Is he not worth the effort or am I overthinking this?

First time poster!

Here's the deal: i'm confused about this guy i've started seeing (we met on tinder) we have a lot in common and have similar senses of humor and the sexual chemistry is fantastic. i can tell he's really into me as well, so i don't think it's in my head or that he's just not that interested. We've also hung out during the day with his friends since sleeping together so I don't get the feeling this is just about sex.

So whats the problem? well i tend to overanalyze things especially when it comes to romantic relationships. i recognize this and it's something i'm trying to actively work on but i'm having a hard time telling if i'm overanalyzing in this situation or he actually is not a good fit.

when we first started talking and seeing each other he texted me almost every day sometimes with sweet things like "good morning" or "hey beautiful" and so on. since our last date (last weekend) he hasn't communicated much. i reached out to him two days after our last date when i had only received a few snapchats as communication and then he initiated conversation again the day after that. he hasn't made plans for this weekend but when i last saw him he did say he was busy friday and saturday and seemed genuine in saying that he hoped he'd see me again soon.

i don't think he's seeing any other girls but what i think is happening is that he is into me but thinks he already "has" me so he's already stopped putting effort into sending me sweet texts and making plans ahead of time. i would understand if this was happening later in a relationship but it seems like a red flag that it's happening so early on.

am i reading too much into it? or is this guy not worth wasting my time on if he's already not putting much effort in to try and "get" me?

Sounds to me he got what he wanted and is starting to flake. "I hope to see you soon" is what you say to a buddy...it's like he just patted you on the back.

If this happens a lot,....I suggest you don't sleep with them until they commit to a relationship. Tinder is known more as a hook up site. Players will tend to "love bomb" you or bomb you with affection and compliments to lead you on that they are into something serious just to get you in the sack.