+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think she likes me? (plus some)

Do you think she likes me? (plus some)

I recently asked a girl to lunch and she responded with a decently enthuseastic "yes". Im not sure if she likes me though.

*The above is a joke, I am quite sure that she is at least interested.*

**Maybe more than that but I am not willing to jump to conclusions so quickly anymore**

Anyway this week we will be going for dinner, but I hate first dates. I mean absolutely hate them. If I can get past the first one its all fine. Anyone have any tips for me so I dont really screw it up? (im not that worried about screwing it up, but I could be pretty nervous) I want to make a good first impression. (Yeah I know its not a first impression but close enough) Maybe I should just suck it up and stop worrying about it. I don't know enough about her to be anything more than just infatuated with the idea of getting to know her more. So far we have alot in common, and a few differences (She likes cats, im not a huge fan etc. etc). To top it all off, she is really really cute. Well everything starts at the start. (Unless you are going backwords, then it gets into a pretty philosophical debate on wether not there is actually a start in the first place)

Thanks in advance for reading this and responding, if you dont read this or respond then here is a french face displaying my contempt.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I think the best thing you can do is try hard not to be nervous... although that's hard and it's a subconscious feeling. If you guys seem to connect well, then you just need to be you. Everything will just come out of that. Good luck to you.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Ratfish

It's your lucky day

I happen to be an expert in the field and have just launched a new website.

First though, to your impending dilemma. Some quick tips:

* Absolutely ASSUME that she likes you more than you like her (I don't care if it's not true). Convey this by assuming it's TOTALLY ok to talk about anything, put your arm around her, move in for a kiss, etc.
    * If she compliments you during the night, respond with something like "look...we're not sleeping together tonight...I'm not that easy"
    * Be a gentleman (i.e. open a door for her) but DO NOT do it in a way that signals you are trying to impress her. Rather, you are a cultured man and she is your little girl who you are protecting.
    * Avoid boring, logical conversations and instead, venture into fun, emotional (positive emotions) and interesting conversations.
    * Make sure YOU are having fun.

Ok...enough for now.

Do yourself a favour and sign up for my free newsletter: [url]http://www.themodernmansite.com/[/url]

Dan

Wow that is some of the best advice I have ever had. Thanks Dan.

lilwing89 Guest
    i dont think she would if she knew you were a member of this site....do you??

Whats that supposed to mean? I don't think she would care at all. I could ask my friends the same question just as easily but they would all say "Just tap it man". Dan gave the advice that I was looking for. I may not follow all of it, but it took some of the stress away. She would probably be flattered to know I was a little worried about it. This isnt some stupid highschool bullshit.

I'd be very cautious about any "moving in for the kiss" shit. Or any other physical contact. Could be misinterpreted as any number of things BUT confidence and end up making you look like this:

I think you found your answer yourself when you said, "I don't know enough about her to be anything more than just infatuated with the idea of getting to know her more."

TELL her that. (Maybe rephrase it to something along the lines of, "I can't help BUT be infatuated with the idea of getting to know you better.") It's honest, open and true. Let that be the first topic of converstion on the first date. Given something like that at the outset, I'd guess she won't be able to do anything BUT want to know more and more about you.

And, yeah. When the moment's right, tell her you went on the web, looking for advice. That, probably, would tickle her to know.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 02-10-05 at 11:13 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Yeah, I didnt think I would kiss her on the first date, unless it just happened. Id probably find an excuse to hold her hand or something (yeah it sounds dumb). "Wow my hands are really cold". If she says, "Let me see" I wont argue, but if she says nothing I wont ask her to tell me what she thinks. Stupid stuff like that. Id probably wait to tell her about the web thing until later, like "remember when we first started dating etc etc. I was so worried about messing up I asked around for advice" Anyway, thanks guys.

I don't know about telling her that you "asked around for advice". Just be yourself and i'm sure she'll like you. Besides, she already said yes so there's obviously some interest there. About being nervous. I know it's hard but pretend you're out having fun with a friend instead of putting so much pressure on yourself and trying not to mess up.
    Last edited by Asip4u; 03-10-05 at 12:02 AM.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Hey! In defense of my counsel: I said "when the moment's right." I MEANT when the time's right. Just like Rat said: "...remember when we first started dating..." Like that.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Hey! In defense of my counsel: I said "when the moment's right." I MEANT when the time's right. Just like Rat said: "...remember when we first started dating..." Like that.

Looks like im all set. Ill let you know how it all went in a few days.

Edit: Just an update. We finally decided on which day haha. Anyway we are going to dinner and the movies too. I think it all will be fine.
    Last edited by Ratfish256; 03-10-05 at 08:13 PM.