+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Texting Not so Much?

Texting Not so Much?

Like many of us, a lot of us are dating, in a relationships, engagements, married, etc. And we probably text our partners. I know my Boyfriend and I text on and off through each day. But what I noticed is that sometimes, I will text him a long text, and he will reply back with 1 line responses. To me, receiving these 1 line answers, just tells me that he doesn't care or he doesn't know what to say really. I thought when people usually text, their responses are long? What do you think of people who send long text messages and short text messages.

I would prefer an email over a text if I wanted a longer reply, harder to send longer detailed thoughts on a phone, texting to me is like fast food, talking on the phone and if you are LD email is way more meaningful if you cannot do things in person. If he only texts short replies then adjust the length of what you give him to only shorter replies and it won't be as hurtful to you when he doesn't match how much you wrote on the longer ones in the past you have sent. It might be a data thing or quota thing on his phone, IDK.

Perhaps so haha.

Well, it depends. To me, the idea of text messaging is just for short little conversations here and there. I wouldn't necessarily expect big long messages. All the same, if you are having a conversation with somebody via text, they need to put SOME thought into it. How are you supposed to continue a conversation if somebody just responds with one word answers all the time like "Yeah" or things like that?

Is this something your boyfriend does ALL THE TIME, or just from time to time? In other words, do you feel like he always texts one word answers, or is it just sometimes? If it's just sometimes, then that I would personally not consider a big deal. Maybe he actually didn't have anything to add or was too busy to go into detail at the moment, but didn't want to just not respond at all. On the other hand, if you feel like that is always the case then either A) Maybe you are texting him at times when he is busy and can't really text. You should learn when is better to talk. B) Maybe he's just one of those people who doesn't really like texting. C) Maybe he isn't giving you as much attention as he should. Either way, I'd say talk to him about it. That's the only way you can really know, and the only way you know if you think it means he doesn't give you the attention you deserve... or if maybe he is just not a big fan of texting.

Life gives us all hard knocks....

Yeah just have to wait and see what happens next I suppose.