+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling guilty about talking to Guys?

Feeling guilty about talking to Guys?

I have a Boyfriend who I have been with for 1 year, but whenever I go into a chat room, and its filled with both males and females, I feel guilty about talking to both genders. Even though I do have male friends and female friends. But when its a guy, I feel really guilty, its like I feel as if I am betraying my Boyfriend by talking to these guys. I am NOT flirting or hitting on them or hooking up or anything like that. Just a simple chat "Hey whats up?" "How are you?" etc. I just feel bad, have any of you ever felt this way about talking to others when having a partner?

If you are only being social and not chatting to flirt or date these men then there shouldn't be an issue, tell others upfront you are not single as well and I am sure your BF talks to other women on a friendly basis too. It's normal. No, I never cross any lines or act improper with people of the opposite sex when in a relationship or when another is in a relationship. I respect, me, my partner and their partner all the same. Talking casually with the opposite gender shouldn't make you feel bad on its own.

Well maybe it's because if you found out your BF was just chit chatting to random girls it would make you feel he didn't care about you???

Or did your BF had stressed to you that it makes him uncomfortable that you do talk to these guys????

I don't care if my boyfriend has male and female friends, or talks to both genders, it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
    I don't care if my boyfriend has male and female friends, or talks to both genders, it doesn't bother me.

Well if it doesn't bother you, then why feel guilty about it???? is it because he told you how it makes him feel uncomfortable??? and has told you not to do it?

If so then you are dating the wrong guy because you are incompatible.

He has told me at times he does feel uncomfortable so I would rather respect his wishes and not talk to other guys but then again I do if I go into a chat room, in chat rooms you don't know who you are talking too.