+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it seem like this guy is just looking for a temporary fling or more?

Does it seem like this guy is just looking for a temporary fling or more?

I knew this guy in high school- we were friendly, not close. I think we both kind of had a feeling we were attracted to each other. 5 years later, he lives across the country and we are flirting heavily. We both admitted liking each other, and that the distance sucks.

He is coming to visit this summer, and he wants to chill with me. Go out dancing, have some drinks, spend the night (not necessarily having sex), wants to cuddle, wake up and make breakfast together while I'm wearing his shirt. He texts me every day, as much as he can. We try to get to know each other. I told him I didn't want to like him this much because of the distance, and he said he couldn't help to like me this much. And that he'd rather have one amazing day with me than none at all. He asks me to send him pics (not dirty), just because he thinks it's sweet and cute when I do it for just him. Idk what to think. He tells me he would be in bliss, laying in bed, stroking my back and cuddling and talking for hours. And that this is better than having no one at all. I said I was only going to get more into him once we hung out, and he said that is a chance he was willing to take. And that he wants me 24/7. Asks me to take care of him when he's sick. Tells me about his plans after the marines. And about himself and how he's grown up. Says he wish we talked in high school. Does a guy just want a hookup when he saves a normal photo of you on his phone ?

I said that this doesn't seem like a good idea. He responded with "because we like each other and you're afraid we might like each other more and can't do anything about it after I leave?.. I feel like just because you like someone you shouldn't be afraid". Said something about how it's important to think ahead, to which he said "I absolutely do too. But I think that would be more important if you planned on dating someone". He said that when we first started talking. Also said he wouldn't even be mad if I hooked up with somebody because he understands the circumstances we are in and there's nothing he could do. Like why does he care if the feelings are mutual at all if this is just a fling ? I mean, if I'm flirting back why does it matter that the feelings are mutual ? I talk to him about this, and he tells me to completely open and honest with him. To keep him in the loop. But why does it matter if he doesn't really want anything more than a fling ? He says even though we are far, he enjoys my company. I've hung out with him before, because we were talking earlier. But I stopped because I was getting feelings. I knew he wanted to kiss me that night. Couldnt resist reaching out to him 2 months later.

Idk what to do. I like him. I may even go out to school around where he lives, because there's a grad program I like there. That's a year away though. But why should I continue torturing myself ?? it doesn't seem like he wants anything serious, yet what he says to me seems like he wants more at the same time. Am I silly to feel conflicted ? Why doesn't he feel conflicted ? He says I drive him crazy. And I asked him if he meant sexually. He just responded that he likes me too and sexually. Is this just a hookup ? Teeny fling ? Something that could lead to more ?

Getting it right in the feels and don't want to get too deep.
    Last edited by Tonixx; 24-04-16 at 07:10 PM.

We can never predict what life will have in store for us....the same goes with relationships. There is no telling if things will become more or not....that is a chance you will have to take.

For now in the early stages, yes it's pretty much just about sex.