+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being pushed out by bridesmaid from hell

Being pushed out by bridesmaid from hell

So my sister (24) is getting married (woop) and I'm a bridesmaid (woop) along with her best friend and another family member. My sister decided not to have a maid of honour for her wedding as she had been maid of honour to both of the other ladies and (as a people pleaser) didn't want to upset anyone, however when she first began planning her wedding I was the only bridesmaid actively involved; the other two were not even responding to her messages. I had to be around for my sisters tears, depression and anger at the fact that they were not interested in her wedding and were too busy off with their own lives. During this time my sister told me that she had wanted me as her maid of honour but didn't want to hurt the other two so had decided on not having one. FINALLY her best friend started getting involved with plans but then went from being 0% involved to 150% involved to the point where she has declared herself leader of the bridesmaids, has secretly planned the hen party by herself despite the fact it's supposed to be a group thing, is keeping secrets about her plans (her mother knows more about it than the bridesmaids) and now we are at a point where I'm no longer being invited to wedding meetings it is just my sister and her best friend. Of course I'm more angry at my sister for allowed for this to happen as she has said NOTHING despite the fact I've gotten upset numerous times about it. I'm now at a place where I don't know what to do because I'm absolutely heartbroken that I've been pushed out for someone that my sister has openly said would no longer be in her life if she wasn't part of the wedding and yet I'm here 24/7 and will be long after this wedding is finished and I'm being treated like trash? I'm now at a point where I don't even want to be a part of it anymore because the whole situation is just bringing me down constantly and there's no happiness in it for me anymore! How do I handle this situation?

I laughed at your (woop) usage I feel you. You should have been her maid of honor, no since her sister unless you have other sisters? That other chick sounds like a glory ho ( type who only does something to get heaped upon with praise ~ a real ego goer) Invite yourself to the meetings, take your mom with you, or an aunt and still be involved. If my sister let one of her friends pull that on me I'd put my sister on blast in a heartbeat, family should come first. Have a third party discuss this hurt with your sister before the wedding gets closer, so you both can sit down & discuss it so the day isn't spoiled. ((hugs))
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Say exactly what you said on here, to your sister. She needs to know how you feel. You are right that you will be by her side long after the wedding, and her friends have proven not to have her best interests at heart. I think it's a little odd she decided not to have a maid of honor just because she didn't want to hurt other people's feelings, but she is doing exactly what she didn't want, by hurting your feelings. Talk to her. Tell her how you feel, and hopefully everything will be sorted out long before the wedding.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Being pushed out by bridesmaid from hell

Hello Gwally! As a sister you should be the maid of honor no other excuses. Why would she consider first the feeling of the other ladies when they for the fact that you are the sister and not them. You could ask that to your sister if you wanted to be the maid of honor, its your right as a sister. Are you not that close with your sister? Is your sister much closer with her best friend than you are with her? Is there a gap between you and your sister than she would consider being with her best friend in planning her special day than with you? Anyways, how old are you?maybe your sister thinks that you're too young to get involve with the preparation stage and she doesn't want to bother you anymore. You should tell your sister what your feeling about the situation, I'm sure she has considerable reasons also and it is always better you to be honest with your feelings towards her and the situation on hand. You are sisters and supposed to be honest and open with each other.
    Free web cams