View Poll Results: What movie would you like to watch and review for season 3?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Prestige

3 30.00%
  • Pretty in Pink

2 20.00%
  • When Harry Met Sally

1 10.00%
  • The Usual Suspects

2 20.00%
  • Over the Top

2 20.00%
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness

0 0%
  • Mumford

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Club Season 3 - Voting time! Get to the booths, everybody!

Movie Club Season 3 - Voting time! Get to the booths, everybody!

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=68329]ParadiseLost[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=7184]Gigabitch[/MENTION]

(Note: If you happen to know of anybody who expressed interest in being part of our group, but I forgot them above, please add them in a response. Thank you)

It is time to vote. Republican? Democrat? Independent? Klingon? Organ Grinder's Monkeys?

Okay... not that kind of vote. We are voting on what movie we will watch and review as part of movie club for round 3. This time, to make it easier, I thought it would make sense that we each only get one vote. Allowing multiple choices seemed to spread the vote too much.

Place your votes, peeps! I am thinking we will give two weeks for the voting... though we can maybe extend that if not enough people vote in that amount of time.

P.S. Unless you happen to know which movie you want to vote for, you may want to take a moment to check out trailers for the movies you don't know in order to get an idea of if you may want to vote for them.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 26-04-16 at 06:26 AM.

Boo, we can only vote 1?
    I feel like a shit to vote just my own movie, so I voted Jffs24's Usual Suspects movie because curious about that one the most outside of my own.

This isn't running a month is it? NooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo ooooo

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

The last time, we were allowed to vote for however many we wanted, and if you ask me, that led in part to why we had so many votes, yet wound up with a three way tie. I like being able to vote for more than one, but I think it seems easier to come to a decision if we are only given one vote. ....Then again, at this very moment as I'm typing this we have a three way tie. LOL! Of course, only three people have voted, so hopefully more will vote and hopefully we will have a definitive winner.

Maybe it is just me, but each person getting more than one vote just seemed to spread the voting around too much. Though, whoever we decide will play the part of leader next round can certainly feel free to go back to allowing multiple votes if they want.

Also, for the record, my intention was to allow about two weeks for the voting. I said that in my first post. I intentionally left the poll open longer, though, because we seem to have had record low participation in this board in general. I'm not even just talking about our movie club. This entire board seems to have been surprisingly slow lately. So, my intention is to give two weeks, but I left the poll open for longer than that in case we don't get enough votes.

Hey, I got a vote. Thanks whomever

Ok, thats better than, you can call the vote poll anytime you want then, like that more. You could ask posters in Love Advice to vote to get more in the tally and make sure no tie. I think Topaz set hers that way so she could give us each a starting off even vote, not postiive that is how she worded it but think its close and she made hers private, pc made his public. Think yours is private too.

Might have been me. I already forgot which movie was yours. LOL! God, I'm senile in my (relatively) young age. I chose not to list who selected each movie above because I figure we should be voting on the movies, not the person who suggested them.

I voted my own movie because its a good movie even though an 80s romantic teen movie/comedy/drama & I think my vote will be its only vote because of the genre mine is ~ I'm going away on a trip to early May when do you think the vote will be closed off?

I will put in my review when back home if it's closed off while I'm away. :-]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

This really helped me! 6f2a2jtfviq-00sp9p0l1onh1s.hop.clickbank.net

Right back atcha, meg. Voted!
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Thanks, both of you
    [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] Jester can better answer your question but I think he will close it by word when he sees no one else will be voting, I think, not totally sure.

My plan was for it to last about two weeks (which would have it ending this week). However, I actually left it open longer because I wanted to remain flexible in case we didn't get enough votes right off the bat. So, megvoh got it right. If we get enough vote this week, I'll be closing it. If we don't, I'll let it go for a bit. If that is the case, if/when it seems like we probably won't be getting any more votes, I will call it at that point. The last time we gave everybody a month to vote. I thought that sounded good at the time, but it wound up feeling a little too long, so I think unless we seem to need to the time, we shouldn't go that long until we decide this time.

Oh noes, got us a tie. But lots still haven't voted yet. Jester, I checked Topaz's profile and she hasn't logged back in so she has yet to vote and I don't think Kiara even voted in last poll pc did so might as well not wait on her giving a vote.

L M A O god dammit we got another 3 way.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Man! Are you kidding me? We just cannot win. LOL! As I am typing this, 7 people have voted and we have a three way tie. Well, I'll see how it is looking in another couple days. Unfortunately, I have a business trip next week and probably won't be online all week.

When I posted in my last post, jester it was only a two way tie- not a three way tie. Maybe you can close it verbally after you get back from your work trip? Have a safe trip!

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    Have a safe trip!
    Oh man! If you insist. I was planning to set things on fire, drive really fast cars as fast as they can go, and pick fights with random strangers. That and jump off of really tall things. But, if you insist, I suppose I can put those things off. LOL!

As it is, my business trip actually does leave me some time for exploring/fun. Though, I doubt any/much of that will be online or in front of a TV. I'm going to get out there and explore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast