+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to talk about when there's nothing to talk about?

What to talk about when there's nothing to talk about?

Have you ever been with someone and all you did was talk about the stuff that you liked or were into, and when they brought up something you didn't really care or take interest in their likes and things they wanted to do? Like between my Boyfriend and I, he's into history and psychology, I don't know anything about that stuff, nor do I understand it. But he wants to talk about it, but why talk to me about it, when I don't get it? Him and I can't find much to talk about anymore and that scares me. If him and I do talk, I ended up giving him attitude and negativity.

I can't say I have personally been in that situation. Though, I will say this. You shouldn't necessarily have to have ALL the same interests. So, for example, it shouldn't be that big a deal that you aren't really into history and psychology, but he is.

However, you two should at least have some stuff in common. If you feel like you literally have NOTHING in common and have NOTHING to talk about, then what kind of relationship is that? What would you ever do together for fun if you have none of the same interests? Again, it is good for a couple to also have their own separate interests. Everybody needs some time to themselves now and then. But if you have absolutely nothing in common/no shared interests, then that may be a pretty good indication that you aren't necessarily a good match. I mean, not that it is necessarily an instant deal-breaker, but I just don't see how you could have much of a relationship in a situation like that. Maybe that is just me, though.

This really helped me! 6f2a2jtfviq-00sp9p0l1onh1s.hop.clickbank.net

Sometimes having comfortable silences is good with coupes, you don't always need to talk to be connected and you definitely do not need to have all the same interests to hold a discussion together.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Oh I see. Well alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    Sometimes having comfortable silences is good with coupes, you don't always need to talk to be connected and you definitely do not need to have all the same interests to hold a discussion together.
    Absolutely agreed.... but unless I misunderstand, I don't think that is exactly the point here. This thread seems to be more so about when it seems a couple has basically NOTHING to talk about/no shared interests. You don't have to have all the same interests. In fact, it is healthy to have some separate interests. You just shouldn't so different that you don't share any common interests/things to talk about. How would you ever relate to each other? What would you ever do together?

He really wants me to go hang with him and his friends, and to go and play this card game with him, but I don't like that card game and I don't think his friends like me much.