+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Walking to Your Doorstep or Waiting in the Car

Walking to Your Doorstep or Waiting in the Car

Have you ever had that partner, that when they showed up at your place, would call you or text you "Hey I'm here" and wait for you in the car, instead of getting off and walking to the door and knocking and or ringing the door bell for you? Which method have you always preferred over the other?

They should get out of their bloody car and go to the door.

I agree so much so, but sadly my Boyfriend always waits in the car.

It's hard for me to comment on this, because I'm really old-fashioned when it comes to this sort of thing. I feel like the guy should get out of the car.... but I don't know if maybe that's just not the way people do things these days. I'm still the hold the door open for ladies, let ladies get off the elevator/train/whatever first kind of guy. These days, some people take that the wrong way.... which really p*$$e$ me off, because I don't do it to be some pig-headed male chauvinist. I do it because it feels like the right/gentlemanly thing to do.

....Sorry. Bit of a tangent there. LOL!

Anyway, my point being I personally think the guy should get out of his car and come to the door. But.... I readily admit that I can't be sure if maybe I am just kind of old school/old fashioned, or if, in general, that is still considered proper etiquette.

If we're in a rush, my BF will wait in his car for me to come to him, otherwise he comes to my door. He always opens doors for me, though; and he walks me to my door when he drops me off.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Ah how nice of him to do.

One of my favorite things he does, is when we're leaving his house in the morning, he always brings me my shoes and pulls out a chair for me so I can put them on. So unnecessary, but so sweet and thoughtful of him to make those gestures.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

No, I always went to the door and if not it was because they were already outside talking with their family or friends and waiting for me.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Now, interesting follow-up question. If you are randomly showing up, unannounced and uninvited, to the home of the person you are currently stalking.... do you walk up and knock on the door, or do you just honk the horn and loudly scream threatening things at them from outside?

LOL! I'm kidding, of course. I mean, why would you do that?

.....Then your victim can hear you coming and get away.

LMAO hahahahahahahahhahaa