+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting close but about to be away from each other

Getting close but about to be away from each other

Hi, after some advice. I've been seeing a girl since early February and things have been going very well. She enjoys doing the sort of stuff I do, we go climbing, we run, we cook for each other etc. Things have been really relaxed, we're not together we just meet up and do fun stuff.

We're both students coming to the end of a long degree. We've just found out that next year she's going to be away from the city I will be in. She's applied to study elsewhere for a year and has been successful. This is a good thing, but has meant we've had to think about our future, perhaps prematurely.

At the end of last week we had a chat, she felt I'd been a bit intense the last few days and made it clear that she doesn't want to be in a relationship. She came out of a long term relationship in December and feels it's too soon. On the other hand she's mentioned a few times how she feels like she could with me and that we seem to click. I realise that it's impractical to be in a relationship now and I'm not even sure I want to be.

Ultimately I'm a bit upset that our setup has been spoilt. I'd have been quite happy to just carry on making the most of the time we have left together and just seeing how things go.

What should I do? It's just rubbish that something so good is having to stop because of the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Yes but circumstances will ultimately snuff everything out anyways. She is just being practical because LDRs are so difficult especially when life is too busy to travel to see each other, not to mention the financial impact it will have. Waste of time.

Just enjoy your the time you have left, and then move on.