+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends for almost 10 years, but she is sending mixed signals

Friends for almost 10 years, but she is sending mixed signals

Stick with me this is a long story. So there is this girl. I have known for a long time. We've known each other for almost ten years. We meet when we were about 7-9 years old. Found out a couple of years ago that she had a crush on me when we were like 9 or 10. It's not a big deal because it was a long time ago. Anyway in the last 3 years we have been getting the way closer. I would consider her one of my closest friends that's a girl. Within the last year we got pretty close. And started to flirt lightly, no contact but more like light teasing and banter. A friend of hers had a crush on me, so that girl felt bad that me and her where flirting in front of that girl that had a crush on me so she talked to me and said let's tone it down a bit around that friend that had a crush so I said okay. We stopped in front of that friend and couple of weeks later that friend admitted that she is over me and dosent like me anymore. So that was taken care of, except the girl that I flirted with started ignoring me when people and all of our friends where around. Whenever I tried to talk to her, not flirt just talk, she would talk to me for a minute and then continue ignoring me. But there where a couple of times when we would be left alone, she would act completely normal, we would be back to our playful teasing. But as soon as someone came back into the room, she would stop talking to me. It wasn't a cold shoulder but more like a passive ignoring where we would say hey what's up but not anything past that. So I saw how she was treating me, when we were alone we were all cool, but when with friends I don't matter. So I decided to just stop try to initiate anything. And it went on like this for about 2-3 months. Now in the last month or so she slowly stopped ignoring me and our light flirting and teasing has resumed. Both of us know that we want to wait a couple of years before we start dating, not me and her but just in general dating people. I do have a crush on her, not sure if she has one back on me. Even if she does, we still want to wait a bit..... By then end of this rant completely forgot what I wanted to ask lol, so I guess for now just want to hear your thoughts on this.
    Last edited by ssuvey; 02-05-16 at 08:56 PM.

Either you get with it and ask her out or you stop flirting with her and put this whole thing on the top shelf for later.