+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will or would you vote for in the USA elections?

Thanks meg -- thanking buttons aren't working -- hit you with a like next time.

Here's some reading if you want -- http://www.salon.com/

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/14/this_is_one_weak_nominee_hillary_clintons_problem_ isnt_bernie_sanders_its_hillary_clinton/
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

That would be a real head scratcher to pick a candidate out of the three possible choices, am I the only one that would pick Clinton? I do not know anything at all about Bernie Sander's and Donald Trump has always had a negative character vibe to me and I feel would be the worse of the three choices for your country.

^ True, topaz -- I think I just won't cast any if the final two running are Clinton and Trump. I honestly cannot support either of them.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Yeah, that's kind of the boat I am in myself. I feel like I wouldn't really want Clinton as president.... but having Trump as president would feel like a gigantic joke. Despite the fact that he is basically a human muppet, he is a good businessman..... but I don't see him running a country. Hell, his attitude alone is enough to make me think that. I feel like, with a loudmouth jack@$$ like him as our president, America would just look SO much more like exactly what other countries THINK we are when they hate our guts. Believe me, there is a time and a place when you need the head of your country to be like a bull and be able to whoop some arse.... but a president with the habit of pretty regularly getting into petty immature feuds with other celebrities only highlights a lot of the bad things about this country.

God, I often joke about it, but maybe this is the time I finally DO move to Canada. LOL!

^Exactly, Jester. I always felt Hillary was the one who always had the taste of being President in their mouth, never was Bill -- but they got him elected so when we (the country)had come to a time when people would see a woman as President and after Obama was elected she made her moves. This has been in the works with her from way back, she is like some scripted robot. Don't trust her at all. Canada elected the son of a former Prime Minister and this guy is younger than any of the three running for our country and he is probably better suited than two of them we got running. Crazy shit.

Has anyone seen the video with Bernie Sander's and Mark Ruffalo? I'll post a link .. but I think we can no longer have workable links on loveforum so you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqNRReOXmA&gl=US

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] what a nice interview and really gets to the heart of who bernie sander's is and what he stands for.
    How great is mark ruffalo.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

I will give your link a watch, dollhouse -- people are fools , imo if they vote anyone but Sander's in as President.

Couldn't resist

Hahahaha that is hilarious, Meg. Good ole Simpsons.

OMFG, megvoh -- I forgot about that. Love the Simpsons R O F L and that gif -- I'd like to slam kick both of them actually.

Well, okay, so we'll only have to suffer through Trump as president for a while... but as result, we get Lisa Simpson as our next president.

Read this: That Sander's and Clinton are close in California

Clinton’s popularity has slumped in California under an unrelenting challenge from Bernie Sanders, who has succeeded in breaching the demographic wall Clinton had counted on to protect her in the state’s presidential primary, a new USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll has found.

As he has done across the country this primary season, Sanders commands the support of younger voters by huge margins in advance of Tuesday’s primary — even among Latinos and Asians, voter groups that Clinton easily won when she ran eight years ago. Many of his backers come from a large pool of voters who have registered for the first time in the weeks before the election.

Yet, Tuesday’s outcome remains difficult to predict, precisely because of the untested nature of Sanders’ following. That portends an intense fight in the final days of the campaign.

The Vermont senator has battled Clinton to a draw among all voters eligible for the Democratic primary, with 44% siding with him to 43% for Clinton. That represented a nine-point swing from a USC/Los Angeles Times poll in March, in which Clinton led handily.

Clinton’s general election strategy is built on the notion that voter groups that gravitate to Democrats and have been maligned by Trump — including women, Latinos, Muslims and others — will band together to deny him the presidency. Trump’s targets have included much of the Democratic base that helped propel Obama’s two national victories.

But in the primary, her appeals to Obama’s younger and more diverse voters have been successfully blunted by Sanders, whose iconoclastic and occasionally defiant campaign has captivated many of them.

The generational divide among Californians is the most obvious sign of Sanders’ success, and a logical one given the contours of the campaign. With a strongly anti-establishment pitch, he has promoted a “political revolution,” while she has taken on a more nuanced and incremental approach that dovetails with the comfort zone of older voters.

Among those under 50, Sanders held a 27-point advantage among all Democratic primary voters and a 21-point edge among likely voters. Among those over 50, Clinton led by 32 points among both groups.

Clinton would have more easily defied Sanders’ onslaught if his inroads among the young had been limited to white voters, as happened in some of the states that voted earlier in the process. But he has expanded his reach in California; his diverse crowds here were reflected in the poll.

Among Latino voters under age 50, Sanders led, 58%-31%, not much different from his 62%-27% lead among younger white voters. The views of other ethnic and racial groups were too small to break out separately by age, but when all younger minority voters were considered, Sanders led, 59%-32%.
    On the other side of the age divide, Clinton’s lead was no less impressive. She led by 56%-32% among white voters over 50, 69%-16% among older Latinos and 64%-20% among older minority voters.

The same generational splits were visible when it came to gender: Clinton led by 33 points among women over 50 and by 31 points among older men. But Sanders led by 31 points among younger men and 25 points among younger women.

Clinton’s campaign has been careful not to over-emphasize the historic nature of her candidacy, but she is reaping some benefit nonetheless. Among likely Democratic primary voters, two-thirds of men had a favorable view of her, while 76% of women shared that view. (Three-quarters of both men and women had a favorable impression of Sanders.)

Among those likely voters not supporting Clinton, the reasons differed by gender. Women were more likely to say she was not “genuine,” while men most often cited “scandal.”

They are saying Hillary Clinton has gotten the Democratic Party nomination for US president.
    So you guys have the two evils to pick from, and I would think more would pick her over Trump because her husband was an ex president and for the most part well liked.

^^ Well, I guess that settles it -- not voting for either of those two. Disappointing.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast