+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will or would you vote for in the USA elections?

Couldn't Bernie Sander's run as an independent? ~ Idk how it all works in your elections process but if that was possible why wouldn't he do that, especially since his supposedly following is large.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

i think his party are p.o'd with bernie atm because he won't concede to clinton. i am pleased he hasn't conceded yet, it must infuriate crooked hillary lmao and in no way will she ever pick sander's as a running mate. if she is all for womens rights and equality i would hope she would pick a woman as her running mate, if not isn't it her saying no woman was right for the job, yet she thinks she is right for the job. makes you think, doesn't it. i feel what jffs24 said - disappointing choices left.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I think you are correct, breathe. He could run as an independent. Though, I have to guess I don't think that would necessarily go well. That could be viewed by some as him flip flopping. First he's Democrat, now all of a sudden he's some other "independent" party? Not to mention, then some may also kind of look at negatively because he already lost the candidacy in the first place.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he did do that since at least it would give us another option and I may even still be tempted to vote for him. Sadly, though, even though there can be independent parties, they honestly rarely mean much of anything. When is the last time we've actually had a president that was not a Democrat or Republican? When is the last time we've even had a serious candidate who was not Democrat or Republican and wasn't named Ross Perot? He's the only one that comes to my mind at a moment's thought.

So, true, our country is not just a two party system.... but unfortunately the other parties aren't really taken all that seriously. A shame, because I'd much rather see where we have several viable candidates, not just always two. Not that I'd want to see it turn into a circus where every jerk starts their own party and we have like 13 candidates. Maybe 3 or 4 actual serious candidates who actually have a decent chance of winning. Otherwise, it sadly feels like voting for an independent is just throwing your vote away, because they never win,

Here's a current link/ video with Bernie on the topic of what he wants to do -- Bernie's goal is to do what ever he can to help Clinton defeat Trump. I don't for a second believe Clinton would have pledged the same to Bernie had he cinched the Dem nom.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dc-vows-work-hillary-clinton/story?id=39719810
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Any new news on this? Is Trump still running lol I assume it's a given Clinton gets this. Will the ones who hate Clinton not vote at all, or will they vote someone lesser on the ballot just to vote?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Yes, still running...unfortunately. I don't know what I'll do since the candidate all was all in for dropped out...I don't feel there is anyone that compares so I'd rather not vote for people I don't have much trust in.

You know, a lot of times in the media/people in general, they try to make it sound like you are the frigging DEVIL if you don't vote. That you aren't doing your duty as a citizen. To be perfectly honest with you, I think there are times when somebody should have the right to make an educated decision NOT to vote. For example:

- If you do not like/believe in ANY of the candidates... why vote for somebody just because you feel you are obligated?
    - If you have not had the time to invest in learning about each of the candidates and decide who you actually feel best matches your beliefs, then maybe it is best to make an educated decision not to vote rather than to just vote for the sake of voting.
    - If you are one of those people who just blindly vote for their party (always vote Democrat or always vote Republican) regardless of ANYTHING other than the candidate's party affiliation.... maybe you honestly shouldn't be voting. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying if you are actually making an educated decision, based on who is actually the best candidate for you, and it just so happens to always fall in the same party. I'm saying those folks who just vote in their party all the time every time regardless of ANYTHING else. Like, they could literally wake up from being frozen in carbonite for 20 years, step into a voting booth directly after being frozen and, without knowing a single thing about ANY of the candidates.... they'd just vote straight down their party line anyway.

So, yeah.... I am kinda with you, dollhouse. Looking like our choices this time are going to be Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton. ....Honestly.... I'm more tempted to move to Canada than to bother to throw away my vote. LOL!

When is your actual election? November? Why don't they just hand it over to Clinton, is there any way possible Trump could take it?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Oh it's already been decided. The election is just a rouse to get people to pretend to care. The candidates are just puppets to entertain and distract us while the board of shadowy figures makes all the calls.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Has anyone been watching either the RNC or DNC???

i saw some of the rnc. for the shit show and lulz that it is but never caught any of the dnc. big story was trumps trophy wife stealing michelle obama's speech.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/the-mind-of-donald-trump/480771/

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Donald Trump is literally nuts... and not just mistaking the teaspoon for a tablespoon kinda nuts; but like Mel Gibson took a 5 hour energy and showed up at a Bar Mitzvah kind of nuts. Originally, I had said that Hillary was a lizard demon in human skin; but since Bernie lost the nomination and fully endorsed her, I've done more research. She's not as evil as the corruption of the two tier system of American democracy is in general. It's a corrupt system in and of itself and that's the bigger issue. What scares me about the election is that the President elects the Supreme Court Judge, and if Trump is elected POTUS, then that could revoke all of the greatness Obama was able to achieve and it will set back the progressive trajectory the US has been making over the past 8 years.

htsfNN7.jpg

I mean.... he's Canadian, but I think we can change the constitution to make it possible. Better than the options we have.

Ted Cruz is also Canadian... but also a f.ucking disaster if he actually got far enough to be considered for the Presidency. Did you see the Ted Cruz bad lip reading video I posted near the beginning of this thread? Hahahahaha!

Ugh a friend of mine started a FB argument with me about how she would vote Trump because Hillary is evil... how she can't see that Trump is absolutely batsh.it INSANE is beyond my capacity to understand. It makes me sick to think that people actually rally around him and believe he would be a good thing for America. I mean, I am Canadian, so I don't get to have a say (except I am eligible for Naturalized US Citizenship, if I ever want to move/work in the States); however, the US election does affect us, and most Canadians do pay attention and care about the election. It's a scary time for sure to think about what will happen in November, and what will happen after that.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast