+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will or would you vote for in the USA elections?

I think from an outsiders pov is that Clinton deeply wants this at no cost & wanted it when she got her husband into office first ( serial cheat ) & Trump I don't think cares, he's rich & this is just another toy for him to play with ~ win or lose. He's also an attention whore & says things for shock value & sound bites.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Yeah, he doesn't seem to offer any solutions to all the problems in America. He also says the economy is the worst it's ever been, except that it's not. The 2008 crash was because of the Bush administration, and Obama had to work immeasurably hard to bring it back up to where it is now. While I know Trump is way farther to the left than most Republicans, I still don't believe a word that comes out of his disgusting mouth. Hillary has some questionable actions behind her, but I still believe she is the most prepared and qualified candidate we've ever seen nominated. I don't think we will see another Republican POTUS for a long time, and I hope that is the case.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You're missing the point... They both want this and that is why they are running for the presidential election. The question now for the Americans is, who are they going to vote for? A demagogue who knows nothing about national/international issues and policies and who is short of being an "idiot" or someone who's had a history of public service and political experience?

I am not missing the point at all. I agree with you entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    I am not missing the point at all. I agree with you entirely.
    I'm not referring to you, I'm addressing the poster before you.

I don't think most of the Americans in this thread want Trump or Clinton as president and are disappointed that Sander's didn't take the Dem. nom instead..because it makes it difficult for us.. Jffs24, Exeter19, TheEvilJester and myself when it comes to voting because we all want to do our duty and vote and now we are faced with this. If I was to vote I would clearly have to go Clinton because Trump is atrocious...and also I don't like it when I hear plenty say they'd just vote for Trump because they do not want a woman voted in as President, wtf is this kind of backwards thinking...I think in this thread only yourself, dontaskme and topazlight ( who is in France ) are Clinton supporters and the rest of us are Bernie supporters. I honestly do not believe Trump will even come close to winning this, it is clearly Clinton's win.

Personally, I've never really liked the Clintons very much. As it is, though, if you asked me to vote today, there's a good chance I would feel I'd have to vote for Hilary, and that is mainly because there is no way in HELL I would vote for Trump. I don't like my decision being basically boiled down to "I'd rather use a rusty fork to dig out my eye ball than vote for this guy.... so I guess I'm going for the other candidate." Hence, I'm honestly tempted just to not vote at all. Trump has NEVER felt like a serious candidate to me, so it makes this country seem like a joke that he's actually on of our final candidates now.

As it is, I want to be able to see the first female president during my lifetime.... I'm just not sure I wanted that to be Hilary. But, right now I find myself hoping it is simply because at least having an actual politician in the office is better than having a human muppet who may have plenty of business savvy, but I wouldn't trust to run a small town, much less the whole country.

i feel exactly the same as jester and dollhouse and i at one point (might) have considered giving hillary my vote but sure as hell trump wasn't ever going to get it and then all the info about the dnc leaked emails came out and if anyone even for one second believes that backing of clinton to shove out sanders didn't have clinton's own stamp of approval on it , well, you are an idiot. what they did to sanders means they completely lost any chance of my vote and the vote of most I know who will not choose neither parties in the running.

here are some articles on the leaked dnc scandal to weaken sanders and push him out, you can google to find other or better articles if interested to further read up on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/24/here-are-the-latest-most-damaging-things-in-the-dncs-leaked-emails/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/dnc-emails-sanders-clinton.html?_r=0

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/08/03/leaked-dnc-emails-confirm-anti-sanders-conspiracy/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/24/clinton-campaign-blames-russia-wikileaks-sanders-dnc-emails
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

What message does it send not to vote? During our election in October, most Canadians voted Liberal even if they didn't love Trudeau, in a strategy to oust Harper and the Conservatives from winning again. Wouldn't it make more sense to vote strategically, in an attempt to oust Trump from winning, than not to vote at all? I've never understood why people would choose not to vote. When you don't vote, you lose all credibility when you complain about the government and how things are run; but if you can enlighten me on why choosing not to vote is a better option, I am open to listening.

trump is not going to win, no matter what, this is an all the way a clinton victory they will make sure of that. my right to vote or not to vote and the final outcome and facts that came to light that i shared above helped make my decision but i don't go around telling others to follow my lead, people can follow their heart and do whatever they think best.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Everyone in the world is watching this unfold and I hope to the Universe that he does not pull through to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    trump is not going to win, no matter what, this is an all the way a clinton victory they will make sure of that.
    You're starting to sound like Donald Trump, thinking the incoming election is going to be rigged without having the actual election yet. BTW, do you know that elections are controlled and monitored by the State and not by Federal?

Oh, and if you don't want either candidates, you can always vote for the libertarians, at least you are still exercising your right as a citizen to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    i feel exactly the same as jester and dollhouse and i at one point (might) have considered giving hillary my vote but sure as hell trump wasn't ever going to get it and then all the info about the dnc leaked emails came out and if anyone even for one second believes that backing of clinton to shove out sanders didn't have clinton's own stamp of approval on it , well, you are an idiot. what they did to sanders means they completely lost any chance of my vote and the vote of most I know who will not choose neither parties in the running.

here are some articles on the leaked dnc scandal to weaken sanders and push him out, you can google to find other or better articles if interested to further read up on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/24/here-are-the-latest-most-damaging-things-in-the-dncs-leaked-emails/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/dnc-emails-sanders-clinton.html?_r=0

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/08/03/leaked-dnc-emails-confirm-anti-sanders-conspiracy/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/24/clinton-campaign-blames-russia-wikileaks-sanders-dnc-emails
    Ooh, juicy. Never heard about this, I'll bookmark and read over my weekend. Poor Bernie Sander's.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

I do prefer Hillary Clinton, she has worked her way up and was married to a previous President as well and involved with several high level situations with her various jobs in government. I don't think she is the perfect candidate at all but for what you have on offer she would be the better choice and maybe if she does become President she will do better from that day on in order to leave herself a stellar Presidential record as the first female President and the history books. No one else in this thread feels similar as me?

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    You're starting to sound like Donald Trump, thinking the incoming election is going to be rigged without having the actual election yet. BTW, do you know that elections are controlled and monitored by the State and not by Federal?

Oh, and if you don't want either candidates, you can always vote for the libertarians, at least you are still exercising your right as a citizen to vote.
    mom, is that you? lmao but to be serious, definitely wouldn't vote for the libertarians but i could be convinced to vote G P. i have time to decide, either them or no one at all. i still want bernie running and fact he isn't and basically got screwed out of it does cause resentments.
    William Blake

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast