+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will or would you vote for in the USA elections?

I agree, would be nice to have the candidate that you have faith in running and have an easy vote. Sucks ass it isn't the case this voting year.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of the green party and the libertarians, would have been helpful to the voting process if both those parties would have been allowed to participate in the public debates as it is I know nothing regarding either to say I'd vote one or the other on voting day -- I do recall the green party woman was upset with Bernie Sander's for not backing them wanting to be in on the debates and that he stayed quiet on the situation. Wasn't up to Sander's to do anything about that anyhow.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    I do prefer Hillary Clinton, she has worked her way up and was married to a previous President as well and involved with several high level situations with her various jobs in government. I don't think she is the perfect candidate at all but for what you have on offer she would be the better choice and maybe if she does become President she will do better from that day on in order to leave herself a stellar Presidential record as the first female President and the history books. No one else in this thread feels similar as me?
    I think dontaskme likes Hillary. She can confirm though.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    What message does it send not to vote? During our election in October, most Canadians voted Liberal even if they didn't love Trudeau, in a strategy to oust Harper and the Conservatives from winning again. Wouldn't it make more sense to vote strategically, in an attempt to oust Trump from winning, than not to vote at all? I've never understood why people would choose not to vote. When you don't vote, you lose all credibility when you complain about the government and how things are run; but if you can enlighten me on why choosing not to vote is a better option, I am open to listening.
    Absolutely no offense intended, melancholia (you know you and I, more often than not, seem to be of the same opinion), but I just don't agree. I've always personally felt there should be the option to make an educated decision NOT to vote. I also could not possibly agree less with the attitude that, by not voting, you are automatically no longer allowed to complain. I'm sorry, but if a politician is doing a crap job, they are doing a crap job. That attitude is sort of equivalent to saying you are automatically to blame if you voted for the person and they wind up sucking hard.

Not only that, but if somebody is doing a super crap job in their elected role... THAT would actually motivate me to vote against them the next time they run, provided I actually like one of the other candidates. I can't speak for anybody else, but I disagree with the notion that how I vote or even IF I vote is "sending a message." I vote, or choose not to vote, because that is my decision. I'm not "sending a message" one way or the other.

I also kind of disagree with the idea of voting "strategically." Personally, I am not going to vote for a candidate unless I truly believe they are the candidate for me. Hell, even if they are somebody I KNOW is never going to win, if they seem like the candidate that best matches my beliefs, I will vote for them. To me, the idea of voting for somebody just because you DON'T want the OTHER candidate to win is just not my idea of voting appropriately. I don't begrudge anybody else if that is what they choose, but that is just not how I personally feel appropriate voting. Again, hence why I think it is sometimes an option to make an educated decision not to vote.

To me, it's a big difference between not voting because you are lazy/don't care vs. not voting because you did your research and you don't believe in any of the serious options. To me, I'd rather not be voting for somebody because I feel like they are the lesser of all evils. I want to be voting for somebody because I believe they are the candidate for me.

Again, no offense intended to you or anybody who would disagree with me, but that is how I feel.

well, you know i agree with you, jester. if the green party doesn't pan out, then i won't vote. i read clint eastwood is voting trump, wtf? has he gone senile?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    i read clint eastwood is voting trump, wtf? has he gone senile?
    Eastwood comes from a generation when throwing insults to minorities were not considered offensive but were meant as jokes. I can't believe Guiliani supporting Trump. He was the mayor of NYC, a very diverse State, for sometime.

And yes, I am pro-Clinton. All politicians lie and Trump lies more than her. You just need to look at the candidates political experience and public service history and whether their policies are in line with your beliefs, then make your decision. Better to do that than not voting at all.

The problem, for me, comes in when I DO my homework and don't find myself liking ANY of the candidates.... or worse even more specifically disliking them all. That's sort of what I'm talking about. If I do not like any of the candidates, then to me personally it feels slimy and dishonest to vote for one of them. Again, no offense meant for anybody who, in that same situation, would rather vote for the person they hate least rather than not voting at all. I am just personally NOT comfortable simply voting for somebody because I think they are the least of all evils. I want to vote for somebody because I feel they are the right candidate for me.

Boo on Eastwood. Are him and Guiliani Republicans for life guys? So no matter how ridiculous the candidate they'd rather vote them over a Democrat, or do they just not like the Clinton's? Either way, boo.. I could be convinced to vote Hillary in the next few months and if not I'd probably vote... Dr. Jill Stein.

That's actually another example of why I think some people shouldn't vote. LOL! The kind of blind sheep who will vote for the candidate in their chosen party no matter what. Don't get me wrong. If the person actually believes that the candidate they are voting for is the best choice, then that is fine. I have NO problem with that. What I'm talking about is the kind of person who would vote for Satan himself if he were running for president as long as he was running under their political party of choice. I may have my party of choice, and that is because, more often than not, the candidates that seem to agree with my beliefs most are that party..... but if and when I find that a candidate from a different party better matches me, I will happily vote for them. I don't just vote by party.

Maybe Guiliani legitimately feels Trump would be the better president.... but I can't help but find it awfully suspect. It does strike me just as being the whole "I'm a Republican so I have to support our candidate" kind of thing.

I'm a Democrat but I am not a huge fan of Hillary but when you place her up against Trump.. she is definitely a better option but then you have to weigh if you can vote for someone you don't completely believe in for whatever reasons that cause your lack of belief in them.

Like Caitlyn Jenner, who is still a Republican even though she is a minority and at risk because of the policies and views the GOP have on the LGBTQ community. I think it's worth noting that regardless of whether or not you like Clinton or not, she is by far the most suitable candidate for President. Even if she weren't going up against Trump, and she were going up against Rubio or Cruz, she is obviously still the clear choice for the job. It's not so much about which candidate is more likable, it should be about which candidate is most qualified to do the job to the best of their ability - and I believe that HRC can (and will) do that.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Lol, on all the talk about who supports Trump ( famous known people) I did a google search and these names came up:

Willie Robertson. "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson endorsed Donald Trump on Jan. 21, 2015. ...
    Sarah Palin.
    Phil Robertson.
    Charlie Sheen.
    Dennis Rodman.
    Kid Rock.
    Mike Tyson.
    Azealia Banks.
    Gary Busey.
    Loretta Lynn.
    Hulk Hogan.
    Ted Nugent.
    Wayne Newton.
    Scott Baio.

Are a few. Most I don't know who they are so I asked a friend from the USA and they said mostly delusional, crazy or has beens.
    Sounds about right for his supporters lol

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    Like Caitlyn Jenner, who is still a Republican even though she is a minority and at risk because of the policies and views the GOP have on the LGBTQ community. I think it's worth noting that regardless of whether or not you like Clinton or not, she is by far the most suitable candidate for President. Even if she weren't going up against Trump, and she were going up against Rubio or Cruz, she is obviously still the clear choice for the job. It's not so much about which candidate is more likable, it should be about which candidate is most qualified to do the job to the best of their ability - and I believe that HRC can (and will) do that.
    I can't speak for anybody else, but when I am saying "I don't like a candidate" I don't mean I don't like them as a person. I mean I don't like them AS A CANDIDATE. So, for me, when I "don't like" a candidate it IS because I don't feel their beliefs match my own, or their history proves I don't think they are the kind of person I would want in the office, or something along those lines. Just to be clear.

I'll do more research and make a final decision as it gets closer, though at this point if you asked me to vote today, it would probably be Hilary.

I for one won't be voting Clinton and I don't need any pushing for me to reconsider it -- I will however investigate the independent men and women and see if anything matches up to what Sander's offered us in the months up to election day.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] and [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]... check out The Green Party ..Stein actually reached out to Bernie Sander's about the idea of them working together, him for president and her for vice and him teaming up independently with the Green party, she even wrote him an open letter..see link below.
    This was not recently since he dropped out and backed Clinton and the Democrats and his own party ( the party who put the nails in his presidential bid coffin.) Just another option outside of the Trump/Clinton dilemma
    http://www.jill2016.com/stein_invites_sanders_to_cooperate_on_political_re volution

http://michaelmoore.com/TrumpSabotage/
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast