+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So drunk that she cheated? Help

So drunk that she cheated? Help

This is a serious one for me and i would really appreaciate your opinions/feedback/advice!
    I just got an inbox from a close friend of my girlfriend (of 2 months).
    Lets call my girlfriend Natasha and her friend Cherry.
    This is basically what she said in a nutshell :
    Cherry threw a party at her house, they were both drinking. Cherry went out for a while and eventually came back to find my girlfriend Natasha extremely drunk. According to Cherry, she was 'blind drunk' as Natasha was slurring and could hardly stand up. Cherry went into her room, smoked up, and then went to sleep. She assumed that Natasha had gone home because she wasn't in her bed (where she always sleeps when she stay over there).
    2 days after the party, Cherry's guy friend(who had been there that night) sent her a message saying that he had sex with Natasha. Cherry relayed his message to her but Natasha said that she had no recollection or memory of that night.

I don't know what I am feeling. It's a mixture of many emotions and it's stressing me out.
    I am 110% open to any advice.
    At the moment, i have thought of 3 options.
    Please keep in mind that im really very serious.
    1- Meet up with the guy, ask him for his story, if he tells me that he raped her, i'll without hesitation, end up asking him to fight me one on one. I am confident I can win.

2- Severe all ties and remove Natasha from my life (There is a something in my heart and mind telling me that she cheated on me, and is accusing the other guy for sexually assaulting her as an excuse, we have only been dating for 2 months and although I don't want this scenario to be true, I can't help but feel she might have done this if she was that drunk)

3- Talk to Natasha, she will probabably say what her friend Cherry said IF she did sleep with him. Basically brush it off, don't fight the guy, and continue our relationship.
    When we have sex, it's awesome, but I can't imagine having sex with her again knowing she did sleep with another guy. It's painful to think about.

These past few months have been great though, I have gained alot of respect for Natasha and grown to really like her. However, this early into our relationship, these emotions that I have towards her are not strong enough to be called love. And the respect i once held has now diminished.

What do I do?!

I really, really appreaciate any comments and also thank you for taking the time and listening to my babbling.
    Thank you so much,
    Itaze

Duplicate thread. Seriously there is only a small group on here that answer threads. If you wish to seek out a different opinion seek out a different site.

Hey, I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it must be hard.

If she was really really drunk, I honestly wouldn't grief her too bad. There were times I was literally so drunk that I passed out and had no recollection of what happened and pretty much lost all control.

It is not like she intentionally did this, or was even aware of what was happening. I would consider this a blip in the relationship, honestly. Have her tell you the whole truth, ask all the questions you need answered from her. Use your judgement of what you know about her and her body language (when she answers your questions) to tell if she is being honest with you or not.

If, in your guy, you feel like she is being 100% honest with you, then it would be best for you to completely let this go. Let this be in the past and move forward. Remember, she had no intention to do this, and if she was really drunk, was completely out of it and not herself. It's not like she was a little drunk, or pretty drunk- she has no memory. Jesus, I'd probably try and makeout with a chair if I was that drunk. It doesn't mean anything relative to your relationship. Just have to let her know she has to be more in control of how much she drinks, if she wants to move forward too.

If you find that you can't really trust her, or what she is saying, you either need to: (1) end it, because trust is so important in a relationship/take time apart (to scare her, and maybe use this to get the full truth out of her- I wouldn't go asking others) or (2) take a leap of faith and trust he again- do not be snooping through her phone or social media accounts- you almost trust her blindly, and sort of build a new relationship.
    You might even want to talk to her to make sure she is getting what she needs out of the relationship/ if she is being fulfilled. This experience could actually make you guys stronger. But you must do your part in trusting her.

Don't make any decisions while you are upset though. Wait for the pain to pass of this, to allow yourself to make a clear decision.

Message me if you need to talk more, or have specific questions.

People need to stop using alcohol as an excuse! Continue with this girl if she's willing to stop drinking. If not this might happen again and you'll realize you've been wasting your time with this girl

I rather agree with At88.... if this experience isn't enough to change her behaviors and stop being so irresponsible as to get "blind drunk".... I don't know, if this were me, I would forgive it once IF she is obviously ashamed or regretful. It wouldn't just be that simple though, she would have to do some repair work on our relationship. That trust factor is now damaged. However if she is just passing the blame and taking no responsibility, this is most likely going to be a theme you will be dealing with in this relationship. I think this is more than just the cheating issue. Good luck in your decision. Whatever you decide will be the right decision.