+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where do I stand?

Where do I stand?

Ok I'm new here but need advice!
    I met this guy online in October. Things were OK, he told me he didn't want a relationship. Fine by me. We started sleeping together. I wanted to stop because I was getting feelings for him and I knew we'd never be more than "friends with benefits"
    We've never been on a date, only going for a drive or staying over my house. He's got 2 kids from a previous relationship he was in for 8 years so understandably he didn't want to get straight into another relationship.
    So when I started laying off him, trying to go separate ways he wasn't leaving me alone. I went away for a few weekends and he was worried he was losing me blah bah bah. I told him that if he wants to keep me then we need to start doing things I.e dates or just something that wasn't sitting in a car driving!
    I started having trust issues with him talking to other girls (couldn't say anything as we weren't a couple!) he said I had nothing to worry about as nothing was happening, just texting as friends. Eventually he agreed for us to go to cinema for a date night. Day of the date he made his excuses. The next day I didn't hear off him at all. He then told me 3 days late that he'd started seeing someone. I was devastated.
    He carried on meeting me and eventually things started happening and he was cheating on her. (Not saying I'm innocent at all, as I shouldn't have met him!) in the end I'd had enough and told this girl he'd been cheating on her. He told me I'd done him a favour as he didn't want to be with her anyway. Baring in mind - he was taking her on dates, meeting friends and family, everything I wanted which he wasn't ready for. It's been 4 weeks since I told her and he hasn't seen her since. He's still meeting up with me but I've to ld him it's as friends and no funny business because I don't want to get hurt. I told him he needs to back off and he's now texting me all the time asking how my day is & being friendly and not sexually which I'm happy about.
    hes told me he'll never get in a relationship with me because too much has happened between us. Yet he won't leave me alone to move on and get on with my life. I was in a bar last week talking to this guy, and he came over and started talking to the guy I was talking to, and ignored me. It's as if he doesn't want me, but won't let anyone else have me either.
    This has all been going on since October, and he won't let me go. I'm the one he texts when he needs someone to talk to.che tells me he's not going to text and he doesn't want to talk anymore but then he can't just leave me to it, he has to talk to me every day. We've seen each other at least once a week since October and it's him asking to see me as well as the other way around.
    I've no idea what to do!

P.s. Sorry for the essay!

look clearly some people dont know what they want, and some people are greedy and want everything. I think its time to initiate plan "total blackout" where you just ignore everything he says to you. Try and go back to a world and time before he existed. theres plenty of other guys out there. Time to move on to someone who knows what they want. Hes obviously confused, flaky, and a cheater. Why are you interested in this guy at all. Try this, write out what youre looking for in a relationship and partner, does he fit your description? probbbbbbably not. Move on, do yourself a favor