+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how would you take this

how would you take this

This girl who I have been talking to and gone on multiple dates with texted me this today

i love you. you are the nicest. if i lived closer i would date the hell out of you.

she lives almost 2 hours away

How would you take this? We still plan on seeing each other but the distance is a problem

How should I keep approaching this?

It seems a little early to be saying "I love you", but some people fall in love quicker than others. Do you love her? Do you want to continue a relationship even if it's long distance?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I would guess that is basically her saying that she likes you, but that the distance is too much for her. I mean, based only on that information, that is all I can really speculate. The thing is, there may be some wiggle room, or there may not. In other words, it is not necessarily automatically a death sentence for the relationship. Maybe you can talk to her about it. Maybe there is some foreseeable possible future where one of you could move closer to the other..... or you could eventually move in together. Maybe there actually is some way you two can make it work.....

Or, maybe there isn't. If you want to keep seeing her, then you might as well at least talk to her about it. Don't just automatically assume that it is over and there is nothing you can do or say to change it. Maybe there won't be any way you two can see eye to eye on this one. Or, maybe this is just her way of letting you down gently and she really just wasn't interested in continuing to date you. ....But, on the other hand, maybe she IS just concerned about the distance, and there could possibly be some way you two can make it work. You'd be much better off knowing than just being left to wonder what if.

Unless, of course, you're not really interested in continuing to pursue her. Of course, I assume you wouldn't be here asking us if you were not.

I'd take it that she likes you or no -- wait -- "loves you" but she wants a hometown bf not a ld bf. What did you reply back to that comment?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

She is into you, but the long distance between you is an issue for her.