+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Girlfriend wants a relationship again

Ex Girlfriend wants a relationship again

My ex girlfriend of a long distance relationship lasting just over a year, sent me a text last night. She asked for us to get back together.

She left pretty nastily and said she found someone else and acted so immature and had been for about a month that I really didn't understand who she was anymore. It was like she moved to another city and her whole personality changed too. Maybe to try to fit in with friends (which she has also had sex with after alcohol and taking drugs) If I got back together with her then I couldn't trust because while we were in a relationship she did that with her friends and changed her pictures on facebook to some sexual pictures (her pulling up her top and stuff) and she wanted to talk more with her friends than with me

She got back together before but then told me that it was just because she was bored.

I know she's been having breakdowns now and then but honestly, I don't want to be sucked back into something that is toxic and just to cure her boredom so I need to know it is 100% real (she said that she want's it properly this time).

I do feel something for her but I want to know why she wants a relationship now and why she thinks I should trust her considering all that she has done. But maybe years from now I might look back and wish that I talked to her. I really don't know.

what do you think I should do?

You answered your own question, you said you can;t trust her. So no don't go back with her.

In general, my personal rule of thumb is that your ex is your ex for a reason and it is rarely a good idea to revisit that. There ARE exceptions to that rule..... this does NOT sound like one of them. She did NOT appreciate you the way you deserve when she had you. Not only that, but she left in a very selfish and hurtful way. ....Yet, you found the kindness in your heart to give her a second chance anyway.... and she blew that too.

Why exactly would the third time be a charm? It hasn't even been all that long. How much could she have changed. Ultimately you do have to make your own decision, but if I can appeal to your better sensibilities.... please don't go back to her. You deserve better. Hell.... anybody would deserve better than that. Instead, take time to heal. Take time to re-learn how to be happy by yourself. Then, get back out there and try again with OTHER women. Find yourself a gal who WILL appreciate you. Then you will truly see how much better off you are without this toxic woman in your life.

Good luck.

Wow.... Put it all down on paper and look at it.... Well... Just read your own post I guess... Lol! If your friend asked you for advice and these were the circumstances, is there a chance in hell that you would say " sure buddy, give her one more chance"! No way! Have you ever heard of a "cin"? Lol! Google that one, and then delete her info!