+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Foreign Player?

Foreign Player?

Okay, so this is my first time ever posting on a website like this before so...go easy on me.

Alright, so I have some questions about a boy I met on a social media platform a little while ago.
    It started when he added me as a friend, and immediately began messaging me, enthusiastically responding within at most 10 minutes. I was hesitant at first, because his previous posts on the app were...questionable. He asked how to pick up foreign girls, and often requested people to call him. We talked for about a day or two, then shifted to texting and snapchat. That's when he started getting flirty. He would send me texts using pet names like "beautiful" and "babe" with heavy usage of heart emojis. He even asked me on a date. I was unsure of how to respond, so I tentatively returned his affections, to which he responded positively. My issue is, I discovered through 2 minutes of research that he has/had a girlfriend when he began talking to me. She removed the date from her Twitter bio recently, but that could be insignificant. He continues to respond quickly to me, and shows much interest in my likes and wellbeing. I'm just concerned because he continues to post on the app, asking people to call him because his "friend wants to talk to foreign people." What's happening? Am I being dramatic? Or am I being played? He seems to respond well to my snapchat stories as well, as whenever I post something, he often does too, and he never fails to view them. Please help, I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

(Note: English is not his first language. Is this some sort of miscommunication?)

(Another note, he seems to freely use pet names on other girls...)
    Last edited by yikey; 15-05-16 at 06:28 PM.

This sounds like trouble, especially since he has a girlfriend. I think you should remove him from snapchat and whatever other social media app you have him on, and look for attention and affection elsewhere. This screams bad news, and clearly you sense it too or you wouldn't reach out to an online forum. Your instincts are your best friend, if something feels strange, it definitely is. Move on now while you haven't invested anything into him, and you will thank yourself later.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

This guy is only out for himself. Yes he is a player. But this doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying the attention. You can still have fun with it, but don't ever take him seriously or catch feelings. If you are worried about getting in too deep, stop what you are doing, block/delete him.