+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he remember me ?

Does he remember me ?

So ,I've posted in here a few times about my crazy love life and today I have an interesting post . So, back in November I went out to a club and locked eyes with a guy . Now , I know this is the "REAL WORLD ". But instantly felt a connection with this stranger across the room . So , on my way out he FINALLY approached me and me being my silly prideful self , turned him down . I had no one to blame but myself . I went home missing a virtual stranger and even tried up find him on social media . In December I saw a photo of him with a mutual friend at the same club . I got instantly excited !!! I went through the mutual friends page but I could not find his page . Then one day this month I was thinking about him and I went back on that mutual friends page and found HIS PAGE😍 I was so excited ... I found his Instagram page and saw we were friends on there and even found his Twitter . So I convinced myself to send him a request on Facebook , and he instantly sent me a message . My question now is do you guys think he remembers me or it's just a coincidence I plan on meeting up soon so what do you guys think will be his reaction???

Who cares if he remembers that one brief encounter -- make a new impression and if it matters to you remind him of the last time you met. Go for it, what is there to lose.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I agree, who cares if he remembers you or not. You added him and he sent you a message, so go from there and see what happens. You will find out pretty quick if he's interested or not.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Granted, hindsight is always 20/20, and I'm sure you have been kicking yourself already. So, in no way do I mean to judge. Believe me, I understand feeling like you blew an opportunity. ...However, I'm a little puzzled as to why you blew him off in the first place if you sort of felt a connection. Why not at least give him a chance? The bad news is you didn't and you regretted it. The good news is, you learned from the mistake. ....The even better news is you were actually able to find a way to reconnect with him.

I agree with the others. It honestly doesn't really matter whether he remembers you or not. You've found a way back to him, something that honestly often does not happen with chance encounters like that. So for now, just treat it like you would any other person in whom you had some interest and try to see if you can set something up. I mean, you can certainly bring it up with him if you want, or you can just leave it alone unless he brings it up. That is up to you, it really doesn't much matter. If you do decide to bring it up, or he brings it up, I would just say you basically just be honest. Tell him that you were shy/uncertain of taking a chance on somebody you didn't know well, but you later realized that it was a mistake not to at least give him a shot. That you WANTED to, but for whatever reason didn't act on your impulses and you regretted that.

I wouldn't say you get into too much. I wouldn't mention that you'd been thinking of it since pretty much that day and tried to search him out on social media. That, he might take the wrong way. I would say you maybe just sort of play it off like you regretted not giving him the chance, and when you happened upon his social media you figured you would reach out.

Again, though, that is only if it does come up. If he doesn't bring it up, and you don't feel the need to bring it up yourself, then what difference does it make? Either way, just give him the chance now that you wished you'd given him before and maybe something great will come of it. Or, Hell, maybe it will turn out he's not right for you. IF that does turn out to be the case, though, at least this time you know that, rather than being left to wonder "what if?" Take it from a guy who knows.... a life of wondering "what if?" really sucks.

Also, think of it this way.... If you give him a chance and it just so happens that everything goes well and he is great for you.... wouldn't future you be kicking past you in the butt for having let that first opportunity pass you by? LOL! So it is at least worth the chance to find out if there could be something there. Good luck!