+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First move

First move

Im 15, finishing freshman year. I want to ask this guy to be my boyfriend. We've been out a few times together, and I'm 95% sure he's interested in me. I asked people out before, so I have no qualms about that... it's just that, if I ask him, does that mean I have to lead everything? Like couple stuff, or kissing? I never been in a situation where I had an actual chance with someone. Im pretty inexperienced, so i want him to be the one to make moves like that. Im tired of waiting around, but I know that i only have enough confidence to ask him, not to be the first at everything. Help please?
    Last edited by redllama9; 23-05-16 at 01:13 AM. Reason: clarification

How it works is giving him opportunity, like being flirty, move in close to him, touch his butt, rub his arm, look lovingly into his eyes sitting together under the stars, etc. He will make his move then. You are inexperienced? I will tell you this it's a two way street, you have to make as much of an effort as them to make the moves.

It's true that it should be a two-way street when it comes to relationships, platonic, romantic, or otherwise. It's no fun when you feel like you are the only one putting in all the effort! However, sometimes one person is more assertive than the other, and that's OK too. I think if you want to ask him to be your boyfriend, then you should. Then, whenever he does initiate conversation, kissing, or anything that you like, reinforce that behavior by being excited, and happy to see/hear/touch him. The more you use positive reinforcement when he displays positive behavior, the more he will learn to do it on his own. Good luck to you! I hope it works out!
    "Caring is not an advantage."