+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do? Please help :(

What to do? Please help :(

Hello,
    My name is Kelsey and I have a bit of a problem. I am not allowed to date before I am 21 and I don't even know if i want to. But the thing is, the previous year my former classmate - Bob (from primary school) asked me out. I was petrified and didn't know what to do, i mean i don't know what love feels like or anything so i said ok, but then when i told my parents they advised me to reject him, but explain that i still want to be friends with him. I did that and he ignored me for a good week and then we slowly went back to being friends (at this point i should mention that we both play guitar and are interested in it, so we have that in common). But then, a month ago i went on a trip (with a tourist agency) and found out, that both he and my current classmate – Joey - also signed up. We went along very good, until the night when we had free, so we all got drunk a bit. That's when Joey told me that how he felt about me for some years and i was shocked because i had not seen that coming. The next day both Joey and Bob apologized to me because it turned out they were both competing for me during the trip. That's when Bob just went out with another girl, started to ignore me again. Now i have a problem, because i think that i like Bob (i have liked him for some time, even when he invited me out, but never had the guts to tell him) but i don't really want to ruin his relationship with another girl or hurt Joey's feelings (i don't feel anything towards him). Soo i don't know what to do, please help me? :/

Don't do anything. You can't date until you are 21 so none of this should be a concern of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by hazey daisy View Post
    Don't do anything. You can't date until you are 21 so none of this should be a concern of yours.
    Firstly, thank you for your answer. Well yeah, of course I've been thinking about that too, but then it came to my mind "what if i missed someone that would eventually become my partner" or so, and also I am not sure if I want to suppress my feelings like that. Concealing feelings just doesn't feel right :/
    I am reaally unsure about everything right now, on one hand I'd like to let him go and obey my parents and on the other hand I'd like to follow my instincts...

These guys want to date you....how far are you willing to go with this???? You can't be going around saying you like someone but keep them at arms length. BTW Bob or whomever else might be your first but they will definitely will not be your forever (Last). There will be others that will come and go in your life. You will date and have relationships.....this is how you prepare for marriage. As you go into adulthood u will change...who you prefer to date will change, what you expect in a partner with change, your goals will change, your priorities will change.......This Bob guy is going to want way more than what you are willing to put into it. He is going to expect sex and full on out in the open relationship. He isn't going to put up with your baby steps, and hesitation. You need to figure yourself out before inviting guys into your life.