+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at First Sight

Love at First Sight

1: Physical reactions
    Has it ever happened that you saw a girl in a bar, a shopping mall or just about anywhere and you suddenly felt weak in the knees? You want to speak but your mouth gets parched and dry. The world suddenly seems to swirl around and your mind gets blank. Well, this could be love at first sight especially if you continue to think of her days after you first saw her.

2: Instant attraction
    Did that woman who just passed you by make you turn around and get another look at her? Did the girl's smile (literal smile or just a gleam in the eyes) make your heart start thumping fast? Do you always frequent the same place just to see her? Well, this could be another sign of love at first sight. Why is that you want to see her only when there could be numerous other pretty girls around? Why not see someone else if not her? That's because you have been smitten by her and nothing or nobody else matters.

3: Physical fascination
    Sometimes, the looks of a particular girl attract you or maybe, it is the way she walks. It could also be the cheerful giggle of hers that allure you. Her doe-like eyes could make you want to drown in them. Consider this a symptom of love at first sight. Of course, it can be converted into a relationship only if you pursue it further. But, most love at first sights begin with physical attraction.

4: Your personal concept of love
    Not all people have the same idea or thought about love. While one may think that love is wanting to spend time just staring at the object of desire, someone else might think that sleeping with the girl you are attracted to is love. Whatever is your personal image of love, if you want that girl and no other, you could be in the love at first sight fever.

My whole life, I've always been a big romantic..... But I also don't really believe in "love at first sight." This is coming from a guy who can crush easily and crush often.... but I'm always very reasonable about it at the same time. If/when I have a big crush on a gal, it is NEVER an attitude of "Oh my God! I am so in love! She is the perfect woman, and I want to spend my life with her." It is an attitude of "Wow! Something about that gal really catches my eye and I would really love the opportunity to ask her out/get to know her better." There is definitely part of me that HOPES she is everything I imagine she is.... but there's also part of me that realizes I can't really know that without getting to know her better. I can crush pretty hard.... but I never lose grip with the fact that if I don't actually know her, she could very easily turn out not to be right for me at all for all I know.

So, I do believe you can be interested in somebody at first sight. I do believe you can have a crush on somebody at first sight. But, I don't believe true love can really exist without better knowing a person. In fact, I tend to believe you can't really LOVE somebody until it is actually reciprocated. Otherwise, it is more just infatuation.