+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Traveling with a baby!

Traveling with a baby!

Hey there,

I've been traveling all my lifetime! Now my boyfriend and I got a baby girl and we want to keep on traveling!
    We don't really like these all inclusive trips, but can we do a road trip with a baby?
    What age would be good? What do you think?
    Also I'm not able to breastfeed what would be way easier.
    I'm looking forward to every suggestion
    thank you!

ajuna

Hello ajuna,

this is a great choice! Everybody tells you that you cannot do a road trip with a baby! But I tell you you can!!
    I would give you the advice to do the trip with a rv so you have everything you need with you! It's better than a campervan or a tent when traveling longer!
    I would prepare everything for your baby very well in advance so you reduce the stress level while traveling!
    My family is always doing road trips before and with the kids! When they kids were still babies we brought everything they needed from home! Very important to me were the care products and the organic formula they were used to drink. I always did order the organic formula so I had a lot in stock and never ran out of it and they deliver it to your front door Very important for my kids always was that the have the blanket with them they are used too and also some familiar toys etc.
    How long would you be on the road?
    This is very interesting because the time range changes a lot concerning planing etc.!
    Were would you want to go? I would avoid very hot and dry areas!
    Tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by calari View Post
    Hello ajuna,

this is a great choice! Everybody tells you that you cannot do a road trip with a baby! But I tell you you can!!
    I would give you the advice to do the trip with a rv so you have everything you need with you! It's better than a campervan or a tent when traveling longer!
    I would prepare everything for your baby very well in advance so you reduce the stress level while traveling!
    My family is always doing road trips before and with the kids! When they kids were still babies we brought everything they needed from home! Very important to me were the care products and the organic formula from https://myorganicformula.com/collections/holle-organic-formula they were used to drink. I always did order the organic formula so I had a lot in stock and never ran out of it and they deliver it to your front door Very important for my kids always was that the have the blanket with them they are used too and also some familiar toys etc.
    How long would you be on the road?
    This is very interesting because the time range changes a lot concerning planing etc.!
    Were would you want to go? I would avoid very hot and dry areas!
    Tell me more
    thank you very much!!
    You already helped me a lot!!!
    We were thinking about highway one but not in the LA area but north! perfect would be a route from San Fran up to Seattle!
    Or Vancouver Island sounds also very nice!
    We have about 4 weeks of time but don't want to be on the road all the time. We also want to stay in one place for some days and relax!