+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I take this personally?

Should I take this personally?

My boyfriend of three years has a "headache" whenever I want to have sex. Last night he got drunk at a work function and he and his colleagues talked about visiting strip clubs. He told me about it, so I told him that if he went, I would leave as I do not see that being something people in a three-year monogamous relationship should be spending their time and money on. He then went anyway. He checks my phone and is insanely jealous, so why does he think different rules count for him? Should I take this personally?

Sometimes the people who are insanely jealous and accuse you of cheating are the ones doing the cheating and are so paranoid their partner might be doing it also.
    Guilty conscience double standard at work.
    Are you going to follow through on your "I'll leave if you visit strip club?" if not he thinks he can do whatever he wants. He doesn't care he disrespected you by going?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

He has since said that he is sorry multiple times and told me he'll never do it again etc etc. Second time in three years. I really don't care what my bfs do, but lying about it all the time? Not respecting me? They can GFT