+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have you ever been so depressed you wanted to drink yourself to death?

Have you ever been so depressed you wanted to drink yourself to death?

Yeah, on a daily basis I just want to Nic Cage this BS and just die drinking. Wouldn't that be awesome? If you have led an insignificant life, you would be famous! Someone would even notice that you ever lived which is kind of cool. To be remembered after a life of having always been forgotten...It's a cool way to go out, seemingly.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Once I was very depresed. I thought all world was full of sadness and I wanted just to die. Then I just wanted to smoke and drink. And actually I spoke with my friends, got drunk and smoke. And it was worth. And now I see world full of happiness.
    I think that those who wanna die are weak. Death is the easiest way. No one likes suicides.
    So change your view to world

There was a moment I felt this way but I mentally kicked myself out of it seeing others in worse ways than myself.
    You ever think of volunteering your services to a third world country for six months, just drop your life where you are and go help others for half a year?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

It wouldn't really be awesome. I glance at my gun under my bed every now and then thinking of just how easy it would be. F work, F family, F life, just let it all go. And the thought is sometimes soothing. But in reality there are people that would miss you and be deeply hurt that you're gone. I'm sure there is something you'd rather be remembered for than OD'ing. I joined the Lions Club, which is a community service club, so I could feel better about myself, and they work me to DEATH but at least they like me and I don't feel so much like a waste of resources. It also helps to have just ONE person to talk to when you just feel like throwing in the towel. Cheers

I've had some bad times and thought about death . I agree with Brian, that those who want to commit suicide are weak. You should fight those thoughts, think about people who loves you. There are a lot of reasons to live, don't forget it.

Man I know the feeling to be realy down and thinking that everything makes no sense and death is best solution. But I poses myself one important question. What would you do, if you would have only 30 days left to live. Would I sit around and complain how bad everything is ? NO. I try to change everything to get the best out of my last 30 days here. IF YOU TAKE ACTION YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. You can tell OTHER PEOPLE YOUR STORY AND MOTIVATE THEM !!!!!!
    So stup thinking so and take action !!!! If you want to know more, feel free to ask !!!!!

Hey, Young Cosmo -- how goes it for you now? You should really post here more like you did in the past.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Yeah, I've felt this way. I drank myself stupid plenty of times. Ultimately I don't want that. I want a better life. We have to go after what we want. Make the changes we want to see.

BTW, love the "Born to Run" tagline.

Yes, I'd rather drink myself then drug myself. More cost effective. ;-]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

But drugs last a lot longer [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] (depending on which ones you take, obvi lol)
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Yeah, on a daily basis I just want to Nic Cage this BS and just die drinking. Wouldn't that be awesome? If you have led an insignificant life, you would be famous! Someone would even notice that you ever lived which is kind of cool. To be remembered after a life of having always been forgotten...It's a cool way to go out, seemingly.
    Same old bull shit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Maybe not drink myself to death but definitely felt so depressed I wanted to take my own life. Depression is a continuous struggle for many even if on medications and in therapy and I can imagine a worse hell if not.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Hi there..

Hmm.. Yeah. There was a point in my life that I'd rather choose hell to swallow me. I did get drunk, smoked but then...it's still feels the same. It will only give me shallow happiness...TEMPORARY RELIEF that is. And so there's came one day in my life when I looked at the mirror and saw I'm a shit. Seeing myself soooo depressed was a horror. And so I talked to my best friend who is a nurse. She encourages me and invited me into a group where they practice MINDFULNESS.

At first, I was like: What do you mean by mindfulness. And then bam, it's the art and science of PAYING ATTENTION TO OURSELVES. It's being holistically aware of ourselves as we get connected to our environment and our activities. I joined them for quite sometime, like 6 months and it helped me pushed through life. My outlook in my life now changed. I did Yoga and became an instructor and currently I'm on a training to become a Mindfulness instructor.

You know, it's about choosing what YOU WANT in your life, that is tolive peacefully. I dont want to go back tomyself again from the past who is depressed. Friends, family and others will help you but at the end of the day, it's still US or OURSELVES who will motivate us.Prayers help too.

I hope you get what I am trying to convey here about my experience. And I wish you well too. So, if you guys are curious what Mindfulness is, you can check my page here: "explore.mindfulness.ph"

I wish everyone here a healthy life Hope to hear positive feedback from you!