+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I fight for her or should I leave it?

Should I fight for her or should I leave it?

Hi, I need some advice so I thought I would post on here

I'm 22 and my ex girlfriend is 30, we had been dating for just under 2 years but it was a long distance relationship. She agreed to marry me and was telling me that she wanted to marry me just after the first year for a few months and said she couldn't wait, even picked a ring she wanted.

I just had started my last year of university and couldn't see her for about 10 months because I was studying really hard for that year and didn't have the money as a student to see her. Even though she had a job, she couldn't get a visa to come and see me because she is from Jordan and the EU is a bit paranoid at the moment.

We started to struggle to maintain the relationship, she started getting worried that because I was so young I'm not mature enough to be with her, as she didn't feel secure

By the time I finished university and got a job, (and started my own company), we planned for me to come over and see her straight away to discuss all the practicalities of how it would work and completely forgot how much of the attraction she lost with me over that time because we couldn't be Intimate and also forgot that without the attraction all the practicalities meant nothing, basically I realised i forgot to be romantic, because I was already passed that stage and thought we were going to get married.

She broke up with me on the basis that she said she wasn't attracted anymore because said she feels almost responsible for us and she wants her man to be responsible to
    make her feel secure. Even though she knows I'm mature for my age. I didn't realise actually how far our relationship slid back.

I know she was only saying this because we lost the spark and I wasn't being the romantic man trying to sweep her off her feet, which made me look immature so she felt the only option was to break up with me.

She said she wanted to be friends afterwards but when I got home she refused to talk to me, so I decided to give her some space.

I realised when I got home that I had acted as if we were we going to get married when she wanted me to make her fall in love all over again. Because of what happened during the trip she thinks I'm a kid but I know I'm not and i just didn't understand what she wanted until we broke up.

I want to prove to her that I can be her man, take care of her and be responsible, so i was thinking of flying to her country to surprise her and try and be as romantic as possible, try make her feel secure, to try and fight to win her back.

Is this a good idea or not?

Should I leave it or should I fight and show her I'm really am capable of being her man?

The reason I'm thinking about it is because I feel I have nothing to lose at this point.

I know I'm young so I will have lots of chances to get with someone else but if I had the choice of any women in the world it would be her every time.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

your 22 man never seen her never had sex with her right? never lived with her id say slow down and enjoy your youth
    try dating before you get hit with the alimony