+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A pretty engagement ring

A pretty engagement ring

After being in a relationship for 7 long years, we are going to engage. The wedding will be next year. The engagement ceremony will be held next month. It will be simple with family and close friends. I want to really stun her with the engagement ring. My friends are helping me. I want to buy a diamond ring. We are not very wise about diamonds and rings. I found this ring very attractive, (pheradiamonds.com/shop/luxity/). How is it? It falls in my budget too. Feel free to suggest.

Rather than going to your friends for advice, I think you should go to a jeweler who has professional experience in choosing engagement rings. They will ask about her personality and help you find a ring that she would like, and that fits your budget. Also, have you considered asking her to go ring shopping with you; or are you dead set on it being a surprise? If you two go together, even just to look, she can point out rings she likes and you can go back and get it for her later.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

The ring you linked is beautiful and the price is not that much for the look of the ring involved. Pick a ring you think she would love to wear, that she will love to see on her hand. Maybe ask her mom, or sister and tell them to keep it quiet as not to spoil your surprise.

Have a lovely engagement day and congratulations.

For that price, you might want to consider a diamond alternative as the centerpiece with a diamond-encrusted band.
    What do you think of these?

https://diamondsdirect.com/diamonds-direct-designs-solitaire-collection-4p104e-Z1046R6.5.html

https://diamondsdirect.com/jeff-cooper-elyse-R-3322.html

https://diamondsdirect.com/jeff-cooper-nadine-R-3111.html

I chose this vendor because they're throwing in a free matching wedding band for 4th of July purchases - so check it out if you're on a tight budget.

^ those examples are stunning!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

When buying a diamond, you would like to consider the 4C's. Carat, color, clarity and cut. Depending on your budget, D, E, F, are the closest to being colorless (that's what you would want for your money). Clarity should be at least between VVS1 to VS1 (means that the imperfections are very difficult to see, an excellent quality diamond), and the cut should be very good. I would prefer a smaller carat diamond (at least 1 carat) that is a D or E, VVS1 or VS1 with a very good cut. In the long run, it would be a better investment for the money than a heavier diamond that is shitty in quality.