+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Our 3 years relationship is over because my boyfriend's parents don't accept me.

Our 3 years relationship is over because my boyfriend's parents don't accept me.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and we had all this plans for our future, getting married and such after i finished with nursing school. I am 25 years old and my boyfriend is 27. I am half vietnamese and half korean and my boyfriend is full korean. He recently told his dad about me and his dad doesn't accept me and already judging me because my family isn't wealthy and I am not korean. He has never met me once and will not accept me. At first, it was only a small issue for us but I realize that my boyfriend depends on his dad, he works for his dad so if he was to choose me over his parents, he would lose everything as his dad said he will disown my boyfriend if he continues on this relationship. My boyfriend told me there isn't anything he could do even though he loves me and wants to marry me and that there are other factors than just 2 people loving each other, he grew up in a traditional korean family, which are his parents and how he will lose his job and everything. I know there will be resentment between us if my boyfriend was to choose me over his parents because then he will have nothing left except me. I called off this relationship because i know it won't move forward and its going to hurt me more, I am extremely devastated and heartbroken as my boyfriend was very good to me and we were good for each other even though we had our ups and downs. My boyfriend has also made it clear that this relationship won't move forward. I don't now what to do, but my guts is telling me that I'm making the right decision for calling off the relationship, but my boyfriend isn't making this easier for us, he's in denial and it tears me apart seeing him cry. I'm lost and confused and can't stand the pain and i'm considering seeing a psychologist to help me get through this. I keep replaying the time i last spent with him in my head and it kills me. Should i continue to fight this battle or is it just a lose lose situation?

continue fighting, don't give up
    dr Leo the powerful love spell caster

drleo.co.za