+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He wants marriage but i don't. Help

He wants marriage but i don't. Help

Sorry if my english is bad.

I'm 24, this year i will be 25. By boyfriend is 28 (just turned). I really enjoy in our relationship, but..
    He's all the time talking that he would like us to get marriage for year or two. We should have family, kids.. But that is not something i want. I have feeling that my life has not even started. This year im finishing college, and i want to travel, go out, have fun, enjoy..
    He asks me will i be ready next year, 26 is not little for a girl. And i say no. Than he asks will i be ready for two years. And i dont know what to answer. I tell him how can i know that? We always have little argument.
    All this is killing me. He mentions this every other day. This pressures me so much with that I feel like im going crazy.
    When he is not asking me questions, i cannot stop thinking about this problem. I want to live now, I do not want to think ahead about all these things im not ready for.
    With the other hand i dont want to lose him. How to make him stop talking about all that? What to tell him? How to explain him? I dont want that he gets me wrong. HElp!

Well be honest with yourself, do you want kids ever? If the answer is no, then you should consider ending the relationship. He is ready for a family now and if that is something you will never be ready for then let him find it with someone else. Do not let him pressure you into a life you are not wanting or ready for or you will be full of regrets. Kids are not easy, they take sacrifice. It's not wrong to not want kids, its just a different lifestyle.

If you want just a few years of fun but see yourself having kids and settling down within 5-10 years (not alot of breathing room to have kids after 35) then he might be willing to compromise. Tell him you want to travel for a few years, or even consider a long engagement. You guys don't need to pop out kids as soon as you say "I do." Whatever you do don't just say "I don't know.." or avoid his questions. Really think about it. Do not string him along if you don't see settling down in your future.

I am 28, don't want kids, and still feel my life is just starting, at first my bf did want kids but after getting a puppy and having him babysit friends kids a few times, he changed his mind.