+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl entices with game nicknames?

Girl entices with game nicknames?

Hello everybody,

my issue is a bit complicated. I am a student in Germany (27 years old) and have met this hot 20 year old Chinese girl who moved here from China and began studying germanistic last year. We meet at the university and chat from time to time and I found out she plays Hearthstone, like me. I added her on this game to play and I noticed her nickname is "Meow" I don't know if she is doing this on purpose, to subtly turn guys on, with whom she plays the game.. but she did turn me on. She seems so innocent and shy all the time and doesn't really speak too much when we are in a group of persons. I also noticed once another interesting nickname she had in a game she showed me on her phone "Anna the bunny" (the name Anna is not the real one).

What do you think about this? Is this girl using her nicknames in games as ways of flirting with guys? Other than the nickname I haven't noticed anything especially flirty towards me but I don't spend much time with her either.

The question is not necessarily about me but about the girl: is this a sign of promiscuity? Because I also know she has a boyfriend living in a town nearby and maybe this is a subtle way to flirt without him knowing. I do know that she plays with him too, tho. But this is not something only he can see..

I appreciate your opinions on this matter.

I think you're reading waaaaaay too far into the gaming handles she's used for herself. If you're interested in her, why don't you just ask her out? What do you have to lose by taking a chance?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

So you don't think she is flirting in any way with those nicknames?

No I don't. It doesn't mean she isn't interested in you though. She could be, but instead of reading into something like her screen name, why don't you try to get to know her on a personal level, and then ask her out?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

yeah...nicknames mean nothing.
    i play a lot of online games...girls don't flirt through games man ,they never do...

that she plays hearthstone with you is quite something she would do with anyone.

You should focus more on her and see if she is any short of attracted to you...