+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having me on?

Having me on?

I met a guy 3 years ago, at the time he kept touching me and we had only just met which he made me feel uncomfortable - so I rejected his advances. As time went on he apologised and we became acquaintances as we had mutual friends. I became to like him so a few months later I told him I liked him and he rejected me in a nasty way telling me I only had my looks and that I am not serious for a relationship. I think he was getting his own back for being initially rejected even though we both spoke about it after it happened.

I have seen him out and about when I have been out and tried avoiding him. 2 years after he rejected me he requested to follow me on social media, I don't know why I accepted him but I think I wanted to show him what he missed out on. Plus I thought why is he interested in my life now. For the past year I have avoided social gatherings which he would be at so I can forget my feelings.

Why is it now 3 years after this has happened he wants to go for a drink with me? I feel so angry that he thinks he can turn me down in a nasty way and spend 3 years on 3 other dating websites. If I wasn't so good enough why didn't he settle with someone off match.com? Is this guy using me as a back up plan after he played the field? I don't know if he should have a second chance or I am being stupid. What can I do as I need to move on.

All speculation of course, but he sounds like an ass. He was touching all up on you to get in your pants and it didn't work out so he was pissy about it and wanted revenge when you came back to him. He completely insults you and probably ends up dating a few other chicks that it didnt work out with, and now he's horny and sees your pic, and friends you hoping he can try getting in your pants again. "I only had my looks and that I am not serious for a relationship" = You're a pretty slut with no personality. How is that supposed to be forgiven and forgotten? If you want to move on you need to unfriend him immediately and build yourself a new social circle. It sounds like you have been keeping to yourself alot?