+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken heart can it be fixed??

Broken heart can it be fixed??

I have been in an up and down relationship with my partner for nearly 11 years we have a beautiful 6 year old little boy who I wouldn't change for the world. It was only a couple of days ago she told me that she doesn't love me anymore she has no feelings for me and that she can't see a future for us anymore. About 5 months ago we went threw a bad few weeks when we were on the verge of braking up but I think I made her realise that it was a mistake. We were ment to be going on holiday in 3 weeks as we thought a few months ago that's exactly what we needed. Some quality time together away from real life and because it was pretty short notice we were both concentrating on sorting things out for the holiday instead of concentrating on the more important things. Anyway we cancelled the holiday losing allot of the money and now it just feels like she's only got that one option which is to end things for good. We were taking about having another baby and moving into a larger house after our holiday we had everything worked out. I think a big issue we have is we work opposite shifts allot of the time so we don't really get to spend that quality time together and when we're both off were to tired. Over the last 11 years we have been threw allot but no matter what we have always came out fighting and stronger. I'm just failing to understand why she can't see any other way forward but to end things. I believe she does still love me and that her upset and unhappiness is just hiding that fact. We are both still young me being 31 her being nearly 27. I honestly can't see any sort of future for me without her in my life. Yes I no she will be always there as my sons mum but that's not what I want. I no the feelings she once had for me are still there I think there just buried so deep I just need to find away for her to get out of this sad time she's in and make them feelings and happiness come back but I have no idea what to do without coming across controlling or immature about things. I'd truly appreciate it if anyone could give me any advice on how to fix this or if it's just best to accept her decision and move on

Hi Steveblackpool and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Hello Steveblackpool,
    I know this may be hard to accept, it is every couples nightmare scenario, but have you asked her if she is seeing someone else?
    She may not admit to it; she doesn't want to hurt your feelings that way.

It seems that you are willing to give it another go, but she has her heart set on starting a new life without you. All relationships have their up's and down's; it is natural. It looks like the down parts of your relationship have outweighed the good parts and she feels that she wants to be in a relationship where the good parts outweigh the bad. I wish her good luck in finding it; it will be almost impossible unless she steps into an imaginary fairytale land!

I would advise you to be the strong one and if she feels that she doesn't love you anymore, then let her go. Before you do that though would you consider couple's counselling or arranging for a mediator see if you can sort out your problems first.

Then if nothing works and you have tried every avenue to save your relationship then yes, just let her go and be a good father to your little boy.