+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In limbo with girl and there's another guy in the picture

In limbo with girl and there's another guy in the picture

Alright I’ll keep this as short as I can….

I used to date this girl, let's call her "HC" that goes to the same college as me, and we were exclusive for about the past year. Thing were great, but I will spare the details for times sake. However, we began to let little things drive a wedge between us. It sucks looking back. We broke up in March, took some time off, and were working on things. The trouble is she wanted to date again in late April/early May, but summer was approaching.

HC has an internship as do I, which is hundreds of miles away and about a half a dozen states. I sometimes regret this decision, but my reasoning is sound. I didn't want to expose myself in falling deeply back into a relationship only to see it fizzle out over the summer. I took more of the let's talk this summer, but let's really start being serious once we can actually be with one another.

We make every effort to stay in contact and even had her planning to come up her and I'd visit her. I have been doing my best to keep things going, but she has been distant lately. I find out she has been going on a few dates with this guy, and she says she has developed feelings for this person. Now, I have gone on a date here or there, but it was never anything with feelings. It was more of this person I met seemed interesting, and I wanted to just get to know them. I never led these girls on. I was straight up with just wanting so say go to the beach, grab lunch, you know just have company as friends. They respected that, and there was never any expectation or feelings.

However, HC is at an internship and met this guy there. They have gone on a couple dates she says, and she says she misses me and she wants me, but that she is processing things. She also says she has developed some feelings for him.

Also sidenote, this internship she is at is where this guy lives, and that's about 10 hours driving from school, so I'm not really sure how she thinks they would work out? Maybe she doesn't expect it to? But, then why would there be feelings? Idk.

So, she says she has feelings for both. I can’t wrap my head around that, because I’m the type of guy who has feelings for one person or none at any given time. Nothing more. I told her that I will not compete for her attention, and that I won't be somebody's plan B or C or whatever. However, we technically aren’t together, so that is her choice. But, what does this mean? Should I just say F it, I’ll make the decision easy and say Buh Bye or wait it out? Should I just kind of do my own thing and see what she does? Idk I'm rambling hard core, and thank you so much for any the responses.

Hi m8!
    I dont know what is the best solution here but I can tell you what I would have done.
    If a girl tells me, that she also has feelings for another guy, I am still friendly to her but I tell her that I also have feelings for her and that she shall think about that and each decision is fine.But I would also add the sentence: From ym point of view, love means having 100% feeling for a person and get loved 100%. Everything else is not real love but only desire. When she is 100% sure that she doesnt have any feelings left for that other guy, I would go all in and tease her