+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do! Confused..

What to do! Confused..

I'm from The Netherlands. I have been in a long distance relationship for about 2 months. I have met a wonderfull girl on vacation. I went on vacation with my friends and every night we went out and party with other hotel guests. On the second day of my vacation I met a girl from the UK at the hotel at night. I went with her to the nightclubs and we had an amazing night. We both paid for each others drinks(we were quite drunk at the end). We kissed alot and we danced very much. Around 4:00 am, I paid a taxi to our hotel. When we arrived I went with her to her hotelroom and we had sex. It was a wonderfull night.

The next morning I was at my hotelroom. (after I had sex with her, I went back to my own hotelroom) I went with my friends to the pool, the day started as a normal day. After staying at the pool for several hours, I decide to go to my hotelroom to take a shower and to get ready for dinner. When I was finished, I heard my friend saying that he had a paper for me with her number and name. After getting the paper, I decided to save her phone number on my phone and to send her a message. I went to the lobby and I saw her with her luggage. It was her last day of vacation and she needed to go back to the UK.

Since the day that she left we had good contact from both sides. Every day we had hours contact and out conversations was always with "good night" a lot of "kisses", " I love you" etc... After a week my vacation was over and she wished me a safe journey and our relationship was till that day still very romantic. When I arrived from vacation, we kept having a lot of contact. We talked about what she does for living, if she still studies, what here hobbies are all those normal things that you want to know from each other.

In the second week of our relationship, we were looking for flighttickets+hotels to visit each other. She said that it is quit expensive where I live(I live in Amsterdam, and she was right for 4days including hotel and flight she needed to pay 450€). For me it would be a lot cheaper and easier, because i'm still in college and I have a lot of vacation. She said that she was very busy with work and that she couldn't visit me this month. (She works 6days per week). I said that I understand it.

In the 3th week of our relationship, I came with the idea too use videochat. For me this would be a great way to make a new step in our relationship. After suggesting the videochat, she said that she is very busy with her work and that she is applying for a manager role at work(she got the manager role, I'm happy for her but that would mean that she would be a lot more busy). I understand her point but a day has 24hours, you can't tell me that you haven't got any time for someone who means much to you. At the end of the 3th week, I sent her a message through whatsapp asking her if she still loves me as before and that meeting her was the best thing that ever happend to me. She responded saying that she really loves me, but that she's scared that we won't see each other that often.

At the beginning of the 4th week I send her a text at night saying Hi ... how was your day? She responded the day after completely different. She said:. "Sweetie I'm really worried that your hopes are a little to high. I don't want to let you down or see you get hurt." After this message, I said that I understand it and accept it and that I would forget this. After my message, she said that she doesn't want me to forget this, so she still wanted to remain contact. After her message, I stopped messaging her, but after several days she began contacting me about how I felt and about things that happened to her.

After our last conversation, we stop having contact for around 2weeks. She then texted me to congratulate me with my birthday, but it was a normal conversations nothing special. Exactly 13 days after my birthday, I sent her through facebook messenger the next message: "Hi ...., it has been a long time since we last talked. I've honestly tried staying away from you. To give you your time/space, but I just can't. You are not just someone you are for me the only one. I just want to make things clear between us and to know what you think about this. I know this is a complicated situation, but I will wait the time it takes to be with you again. Hope this finds you in good health". She didn't respond to this message for around two weeks.

In this period I only congratulate her with her dad's birthday, she thanked me but that's it. i though that she lost interest in me but I kept faith in it. After the two weeks she post a new facebook status saying: "You will never understand the extent of hurt this has caused!" with a sad smiley. When I came online and saw the post she deleted the post directly after 15minutes(she knew that I saw the post). I send her a message through facebook messenger saying: "I feel the pain everyday, but at least it keeps me thinking about you..! I promised you that I would be there for you in rough times, and I still will. I'll be going to London soon with a friend of mine. We could meet if you would like otherwise I will understand it." She saw this message but ignored it. For me it felt quite weird.. because first I thought that she lost interest and then she post such a comment on facebook about how much this hurts and now she's ignoring me..

It's now 2months since that I met her on vacation, and I send her two weeks after my last message another message on 6th July saying: "Hi... hru? I have sent you a message through whatsapp, but I forgot that your whatsapp doesn't work all the time. Do you still love me the same way as before? You said that I would not understand the extent of hurt this has caused, but if this hurts you (this goes about your feelings right?) why haven't you message me in the period that we didn't had contact. I know you're busy with work, etc.. I can go to the uk and visit you, but it depends on if you still fancy that?". Two days has been passed and she has been online on facebook many times, but the message is still unread..

How long should I wait? Something in me says that she's still in love/interested. That is why I don't give up on her. For her the biggest problem was not seeing each other that often, but I now got the opportunity to visit her at the end of August!

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you could help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Helpme55 View Post
    I'm from The Netherlands. I have been in a long distance relationship for about 2 months. I have met a wonderfull girl on vacation. I went on vacation with my friends and every night we went out and party with other hotel guests. On the second day of my vacation I met a girl from the UK at the hotel at night. I went with her to the nightclubs and we had an amazing night. We both paid for each others drinks(we were quite drunk at the end). We kissed alot and we danced very much. Around 4:00 am, I paid a taxi to our hotel. When we arrived I went with her to her hotelroom and we had sex. It was a wonderfull night.

The next morning I was at my hotelroom. (after I had sex with her, I went back to my own hotelroom) I went with my friends to the pool, the day started as a normal day. After staying at the pool for several hours, I decide to go to my hotelroom to take a shower and to get ready for dinner. When I was finished, I heard my friend saying that he had a paper for me with her number and name. After getting the paper, I decided to save her phone number on my phone and to send her a message. I went to the lobby and I saw her with her luggage. It was her last day of vacation and she needed to go back to the UK.

Since the day that she left we had good contact from both sides. Every day we had hours contact and out conversations was always with "good night" a lot of "kisses", " I love you" etc... After a week my vacation was over and she wished me a safe journey and our relationship was till that day still very romantic. When I arrived from vacation, we kept having a lot of contact. We talked about what she does for living, if she still studies, what here hobbies are all those normal things that you want to know from each other.

In the second week of our relationship, we were looking for flighttickets+hotels to visit each other. She said that it is quit expensive where I live(I live in Amsterdam, and she was right for 4days including hotel and flight she needed to pay 450€). For me it would be a lot cheaper and easier, because i'm still in college and I have a lot of vacation. She said that she was very busy with work and that she couldn't visit me this month. (She works 6days per week). I said that I understand it.

In the 3th week of our relationship, I came with the idea too use videochat. For me this would be a great way to make a new step in our relationship. After suggesting the videochat, she said that she is very busy with her work and that she is applying for a manager role at work(she got the manager role, I'm happy for her but that would mean that she would be a lot more busy). I understand her point but a day has 24hours, you can't tell me that you haven't got any time for someone who means much to you. At the end of the 3th week, I sent her a message through whatsapp asking her if she still loves me as before and that meeting her was the best thing that ever happend to me. She responded saying that she really loves me, but that she's scared that we won't see each other that often.

At the beginning of the 4th week I send her a text at night saying Hi ... how was your day? She responded the day after completely different. She said:. "Sweetie I'm really worried that your hopes are a little to high. I don't want to let you down or see you get hurt." After this message, I said that I understand it and accept it and that I would forget this. After my message, she said that she doesn't want me to forget this, so she still wanted to remain contact. After her message, I stopped messaging her, but after several days she began contacting me about how I felt and about things that happened to her.

After our last conversation, we stop having contact for around 2weeks. She then texted me to congratulate me with my birthday, but it was a normal conversations nothing special. Exactly 13 days after my birthday, I sent her through facebook messenger the next message: "Hi ...., it has been a long time since we last talked. I've honestly tried staying away from you. To give you your time/space, but I just can't. You are not just someone you are for me the only one. I just want to make things clear between us and to know what you think about this. I know this is a complicated situation, but I will wait the time it takes to be with you again. Hope this finds you in good health". She didn't respond to this message for around two weeks.

In this period I only congratulate her with her dad's birthday, she thanked me but that's it. i though that she lost interest in me but I kept faith in it. After the two weeks she post a new facebook status saying: "You will never understand the extent of hurt this has caused!" with a sad smiley. When I came online and saw the post she deleted the post directly after 15minutes(she knew that I saw the post). I send her a message through facebook messenger saying: "I feel the pain everyday, but at least it keeps me thinking about you..! I promised you that I would be there for you in rough times, and I still will. I'll be going to London soon with a friend of mine. We could meet if you would like otherwise I will understand it." She saw this message but ignored it. For me it felt quite weird.. because first I thought that she lost interest and then she post such a comment on facebook about how much this hurts and now she's ignoring me..

It's now 2months since that I met her on vacation, and I send her two weeks after my last message another message on 6th July saying: "Hi... hru? I have sent you a message through whatsapp, but I forgot that your whatsapp doesn't work all the time. Do you still love me the same way as before? You said that I would not understand the extent of hurt this has caused, but if this hurts you (this goes about your feelings right?) why haven't you message me in the period that we didn't had contact. I know you're busy with work, etc.. I can go to the uk and visit you, but it depends on if you still fancy that?". Two days has been passed and she has been online on facebook many times, but the message is still unread..

How long should I wait? Something in me says that she's still in love/interested. That is why I don't give up on her. For her the biggest problem was not seeing each other that often, but I now got the opportunity to visit her at the end of August!

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you could help me!
    Hello, I'm Sarah. As on my perspective, I don't think that she likes you. In my opinion she already lost her interest in you, or maybe she is bored with you? Like she is tired or something, or not ready for long distance. because if you really are attached and wanna work on a relationship, you should have worked harder. In this case, I don't think that she worked hard for you. For both of you. So my point is, just leave and forget her. You deserve better!