+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, how should I approach this situation?

Ladies, how should I approach this situation?

So I'm a very shy 25 year old guy who hasn't been on many dates before, and I've been trying to change that. Now, there's this girl who lives several houses down from me who I'm somewhat interested in. I'd see her jogging around the neighborhood when I take walks with my mom. There were a few instances where she may have tried to get my attention, but being the introvert that I am, I didn't initially recognize it and thus did not act upon any of her "gestures". Here are a few examples:

1.) Once while jogging, she sees me, we lock eyes, she immediately changes course to run on the same street we were walking towards.
    2.) Drove by my house once, we both lock eyes once again. That was when I started to realize she might have been checking me out, I'm not sure. She stared at me while curiously biting her fingernail as she drove on by.
    3.) She walked by my house about a week or so later (which she never does), but this time doesn't look at me. I tried approaching, but I noticed she has her earphones on, so I didn't approach.

Now a month or so later, we still have not talked, and I no longer see her jogging around the neighborhood. I do see her drive around, but she never looks at me while driving, almost as if she's purposely trying not to. I know she doesn't have a boyfriend, considering that she's home almost all day. A friend of mine suggested that it's never too late, that I should go up to her house and ask for something, just to "break the ice". But just the thought of approaching her front door gives me uncontrollable anxiety.

So my question is, what's going on here? Were those legitimate signs of interest? And do I still have a chance? I should add that I'll be studying abroad in September and won't be back until the winter holidays, so I'd like to get to know her and maybe take her out on a date or two before then. So, ladies, please give me some advice on this situation and what I can do since I almost don't see her out and about anymore! Thanks in advance

tbh I think it's all in your head. I lock eyes with anyone who is staring or looking at me...but it doesn't mean I am attracted to them. When I go jogging, once in awhile I'll go down a different street just for a change or to avoid a dog or I shortened my run....it was coincidence that you saw her running by your house. He driving by....another coincidence. You probably don't see her anymore probably because she is jogging somewhere else, maybe joined a gym. Since you have never formally met, going right to her door without being invited has creep factor all over it.

I suggest you put this one on the back burner, and try on line dating to gain some more experience being around women. IMO there is no reason to start any kind of romantic relationship when you know already you will be away for months. In fact that would be a dealbreaker for many women.

You are putting way too much thought into this. I agree you should try online dating. It's a great way to learn how to date, to be honest. You get a really good idea of what you like (and don't like) in a potential partner, and it's a great way to practice dating if you have a lot of anxiety built up around it.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Can't tell you for certain...you could try to run your area in case she is running new streets in around where you both live and if you pass her say hi and if brave enough stop her and have a conversation. Outside of that not much you can do and that's the end of that.