+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wife in ok for training. Met guy for dinner

Wife in ok for training. Met guy for dinner

Hello all,

I am a bit upset.. I have been married for about a year and a half. Last month my wife took a job which required her to be in Tulsa for training for 17 days. Things have been going ok since she's been gone although we did have an argument about 5 days after she left. She gets back home this Wed.

She mentioned to me last Tuesday she was eating dinner and talked to an older gentleman who was from our hometown and was up in tulsa on business... She said he was fun to talk to and it was a coincidence he was from our hometown... No biggie as she is social... Plus the fact she told me about it left me little to no concern.

Tonight she asked me to do her timesheet and when I logged onto her account on our Mac her messages app was open which showed her text messages... One came in from an unknown number to me. I looked and it was this man... Come to find out through their text history they met for dinner Wed and Friday. It was all pretty innocent texting in between... He texted her friday he had to go home but would be back Saturday...

Well tonight when i noticed these texts he had just invited her up to his room for a drink.. She politely declined but he sent her a heart kiss emoji.. He said she had to keep her hands to herself as a joke.. Kinda flirty, She said she was tired and had to get up at 6 AM...... So she was saying no to his advances.. she then said maybe tomm

Anyways.. I talked to her on the phone for about an hour and I didn't say anything or bring it up... I guess I want to see what transpires...

My thoughts....

No I dont think she's cheated on me.. Nothing to imply that.
    I have a gut feeling this guy doesn't care that she's married
    We had phone sex today sending naughty pictures... If that means anything lol
    She's telling me she misses me.. misses holding me..

Should I confront her about this? I didn't mean to spy on her texts but they were popping up as I was working on her spreadsheet on the computer. She asked me to do that. Do i have anything to worry about?

What should i do? Technically has she done anything wrong? Why didn't she tell me? My gut is to just wait and see what happens.

Bryan

I would not tell her anything. If she has done nothing , why blaming her and showing her that you read her personal messages ?
    How would you feel if she spys your messages ?
    But knowing about the messages gives you an huge Advantage IF she is cheating so I would pay attetntion to everything but not say anything

Trust your gut instincts on this one. If you think something is up, it probably is. I would mention you saw the texts when you were filling out her timesheet. It's not like you snooped through her phone or anything like that. If you do bring it up with her, I would mention the fact that she declined his advances, but that his remarks to her made you uncomfortable. I think you will feel less stressed about the issue once you bring it up to her.
    "Caring is not an advantage."