+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoking = trash

Smoking = trash

I have a problem. I hate second hand smoke. That obviously isnt the problem. The problem is that all my friends smoke. I am tired of sitting in a bar or a smoking section were we go. Shouldnt the non-smoker have the first say were to sit since it is his health in jeapordy?. Any ideas?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

it is pretty gross. i hate the smell. whenever i go to a bar i always come home and my hair and clothes smell like an ashtray.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    it is pretty gross. i hate the smell. whenever i go to a bar i always come home and my hair and clothes smell like an ashtray.
    Yea, I agree...what do I do though? To them its almost normal to walk in and ask for the smoking section. Why is it that the opinion of the smoker comes first even if there is two none smokers? Any ideas on what to do?

Same here, OV, i can't stand it. My best friends smoke. I go out by myself most of the time these days...You gotta do what you gotta do.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Same here, OV, i can't stand it. My best friends smoke. I go out by myself most of the time these days...You gotta do what you gotta do.
    I dont know how to go out by my-self. Feels akwerd you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I dont know how to go out by my-self. Feels akwerd you know?
    Yea at first i felt weird too...Usually it'd be bunch of us going out. Its mostly winter here so the windows are always closed and constant smoke around. I hated it...Anyways, you get used to it.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

If there's 2 non-smokers and one smoker I say wtf? The party that can do the ass kicking has priority over the party who's ass will be kicked. That, or get some new, SMART friends who enjoy time not killing themselves.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well the good news for you is that they are making more places non smoking....and are banning smoking even in some bars. Eventually it will only be legal for the person to smoke in their house....

In the meantime just politely ask your friends not to smoke around you. If they don't get the hint....then find other non-smokers to hang out with.

Thats what I do. I don't smoke around my friends who are non-smokers....and I mainly hang out with my friends that are smokers....... That way there are no problems....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Well the good news for you is that they are making more places non smoking....and are banning smoking even in some bars. Eventually it will only be legal for the person to smoke in their house....

In the meantime just politely ask your friends not to smoke around you. If they don't get the hint....then find other non-smokers to hang out with.

Thats what I do. I don't smoke around my friends who are non-smokers....and I mainly hang out with my friends that are smokers....... That way there are no problems....
    I know but I only have two friends that do not smoke and I dont see them often. Other ones will not listen to me if I ask them even nicely not to smoke around me. I swear..I know about 20 people that I can be close friends with and they ALL smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    If there's 2 non-smokers and one smoker I say wtf? The party that can do the ass kicking has priority over the party who's ass will be kicked. That, or get some new, SMART friends who enjoy time not killing themselves.
    Yea, you would think so right? ...it isnt the case for some reason.

You should move to California. There is no smoking allowed in any public building, including bars and nightclubs.

Or within 50 feet of the entrance to any public building, as I recall...or on buses, trains, cabs, some apartment complexes, or my ex-wife's house or her car. Some bars did get an out last time I looked. If the bar owner has 5 or fewer employees, and works a certain number of hours per week there himself/herself, patrons may smoke.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 06-10-05 at 07:33 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Nope, as far as I know, there are no exceptions for small bars, although I would guess some places choose to look the other way if a regular lights up...

i was in san francisco right after they passed that law and i noticed that a ton of people were crowded into any little bar that would let them smoke.

I went bowling with a bunch of women one time, and someone lit up in the bar that was attached, and so one of the bowlers (get this!) CALLED THE POLICE! Ahahahahahaahahahahaha!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have too many comments to this other than I agree with Ellynn. She's very smart!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast