+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me more than a friend?

Does he like me more than a friend?

So I'm a freshman in college and I recently became friends with this guy from my church (who's a senior in college). He's a really nice and friendly guy and he has given me rides multiple times to church and to hangouts with our friends (but he's given a lot of people rides before). I've caught him looking at me a couple times from the corner of my eye and he seemed a little disappointed when I got a ride from someone else home (couldn't wait for him). He also invites me to events first before asking everyone else in our friend group/church. He's been teasing me a lot lately but he hasn't done that before. Like I was walking out of a room at a party and I accidentally bumped into him (and it was just us alone) and he said "gosh, why are you always in my way?" in a joking tone. And we message a lot on Facebook and he sends messages like

Him: "Ehh, I'm right, you're wrong. We should move on now. You're a bad sore loser "
    Me: "You're never getting Kung fu tea from me again"
    Him: "oh snap, I should probably plan tours to graduate schools. And I'm OK with that. I don't want diabetes..."
    Me: "Your sass is out of this world." "You should go to --- (the university i'm attending for undergrad)"
    Him: "Lol, I'll only go there if I don't have to see you"

He's a super nice guy and I find it strange that he has been meaner to me and has started to tease me a lot. Could he like me? Or is he just teasing me because he's become more comfortable around me?

well if he is flirty you can see it in his looks and the way he acts around you.

he is teasing you so that means he is interested in you...well i don't know how much but its good that he is teasing you ...

what you mean he is being meaner??mean in a short of bad-rude way ??

if you mean he is being meaner at you in a rude way ... this is beause he likes you-> he thinks you don't like him->so he tricks himself into not liking you...(thats why he is meaner)

its like a subconcious defensive mechanism, he does't do it on purpose ... its just about what he feels and to prevent him from getting hurt ...

if he is mean the way i described above
    well he likes you but you have to show him you like him too ,give him a hint...

like ''ask him to ask you out''...you know throw it like a joke and like sth that would be fun if it really happened ...i don't know i am just suggesting,work it your way and with your own style...
    show him you like him too

Why don't you just ask him out for pizza or something and see what he has to say about that? If he likes you, he'll jump at the chance to spend some one-on-one time with you. If he doesn't accept or makes an excuse not to and he doesn't reschedule something then he's not into you that way. If you know one way or the other, you can either get things going or you can do the mental work you need to do to stop fixating on him in a crushing manner.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

From what you said in the post it seems to me that he is flirting and that he likes you as more than just a friend. If he wasn't interested or didn't care he wouldn't be teasing you. I think you should give him your number and see where it goes from there