+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She left me...

She left me...

Hello everyone I don't really know how to start this so here we go.

I was just dumped by my girlfriend after a good three years of dating . I was sixteen back then when I first met her(she was sixteen too). She had problems with depression and was actually sent to a mental care facility after attempting suicide. When she got back after missing days of school I decided to talk to her to tell her that I care. I remember the sweet smile I put on her face when I told her that. We started talking more and more sometimes lasting really late at night. Days later I decided to phone her to tell her that I liked her (it took me literally 2 hours struggling to say that, she thought that I was gonna tell her that I had cancer). She cried and she told me that she like me too, but secretly. She cried so hard that she got me crying too. We had to get off the phone for minutes so we could talk properly.

She slowly and slowly got better. I got to stop her from cutting her wrists and got her to come to me whenever something upsets her. She litterally turned into my baby. Everything was sweet and happy until things started to turn sour about six to seven months ago. When she started to fall out of love with me. Just after senior year prom this year she broke up with me because she wanted to date my bestfriend (I was stupid enough to let her just because of my love and I wanted her happy). My life went into a downward spiral. I was failing three classes comming into the last week of school. Then she decided to come back to me and I managed with three C's instead.

I was so happy to have her back that I didn't care about anything else. It blinded me to see this day comming. Her patience for me got shorter and shorter. She got mad at me for little or no reason at all. She would also tell me that I annoyed her and would hang up on the phone. I gave her all my love as slowly she started hating me. It's ironic that now I'm the one who's depressed.

Please help me. My college theatre class is so awkward because I sit right next to her. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I miss my jewel so much...
    Last edited by pariank; 06-10-05 at 01:31 PM.

why does it seem like guys are treated more like shit by girls than vice versa?

There's not enough information. Its not my experience that girls just turn sour for "no reason". There had to be something you were doing wrong, or weren't doing enough of. It seriously just seems like you wanted to comfort her more than anything, but that may be all you offered and she eventually realized someone else could do the same plus more. Its easy for anyone to want to take care of someone else, I think we all do.

Thats just my opinion, though. Girls can be crazy, this one may be literally. Who knows? One-sided stories are hard. I'm definitely sorry, though.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

I'm not sure what's missing

I would gladly give her anything she asks. I respect her views on sex because she's a christian. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I ask her what I'm missing and she just replies "nothing". I was about to propose to her because I was able to save up enough money for a ring (got her a promise ring already). Maybe shes just grown tired of me?
    Last edited by pariank; 06-10-05 at 02:02 PM.

this girl sounds like a leech. She basically sucked all the life out of you to boost her own self-esteem. Now that she feels better about herself, she doesn't need you anymore. She realizes you are pussy-whiped and lost interest in you. No girl likes a guy who is easily manipulated. Sorry mate, time to learn from your mistakes.

hm... Now I regret getting a girlfriend. I just wish it was easy to move on. Is loving honestly really that bad? I think this has permanently traumatized my future in relationships. It's hard thinking of trusting other girls. I just hope I get over it.
    Last edited by pariank; 06-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

go to bed grasshoper. It is late and another beautiful day awaits you.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    Lots of wimpy ass guys out there now these days. I swear..with my friends if the GF calls then all life is put on hold.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by pariank
    She litterally turned into my baby.
    The bad thing about babies is that they grow up. That is why teenage romances rarely work out. She needs not be villianized for simply outgrowing her need to be babied.

Yeah I litterally felt like I was sending my daughter to get married.

I was stupid enough to fall for the whole trap though. It was nice that she found a new replacement for me in just a zip. I just feel so used and useless at the same time. It's just so unbelivable now that I think of the whole situation. I guess I'm still realizing whats going on around me after a period of denial. Its funny though how I went against the rules and called her anyway (thats how I found out about the replacement) which didn't help a lot. I was doing better last night and had a major deline again this morning after I talked to her. I just hope shes happy now and I'm done with the whole deal. Can't wait to get past this grieving phase it just totaly sucks.

anyone have any pointers on how to forget the past everynight? It's what brings me down the most. Stupid memories.
    Last edited by pariank; 06-10-05 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pariank
    I was stupid enough to fall for the whole trap. It was nice that she found a new replacement for me in just a zip. I just feel so used and useless at the same time. It's just so unbelivable now that I think of the whole situation. I guess I'm still realizing whats going on around me after a period of denial. Its funny though how I went against the rules and called her anyway (thats how I found out about the replacement). I was doing better last night and had a major deline again this morning after I talked to her. I just hope shes happy now and I'm done with the whole deal. Can't wait to get past this grieving phase it just totaly sucks.

anyone have any pointers on how to forget the past everynight? It's what brings me down the most. Stupid memories.
    Screw that dude. Don't be happy that she's happy. She ****ed you over. You should be sitting there hoping that some guy hurts her 100 times worse than she hurt you, and then, when she's crying and depressed about it, her ****in house burns down. I know how you feel. Don't call her anymore. I made that mistake and was also told about the new bf, which just made things worse for me. Delete her phone#, get rid of her pics, and give it time. Don't talk to her anymore, and when you see her in class or whatever, don't even give her the ****in time of day, and act like she means nothing to you, even if it kills you. That's the only way you'll get her back, if you even want her back, but you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    I don't see guys being treated like shit. I see it a lot on here because usually guys join on here to talk about it. Plus it's always one side of the story.

Yeah I think it's over for me. I'm just tired of it. She broke up four times with me before and this is the fifth (didn't go into detail about what happened with my bestfriend).

I'm such an idiot now that I actually read this while I'm typing it. I'm like the most arrogant person in the world.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to deserve this though. I did nothing but respect and love her.

Any of you guys have pointers? ^^^^

Thanks so much
    Last edited by pariank; 06-10-05 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    Screw that dude. Don't be happy that she's happy. She ****ed you over. You should be sitting there hoping that some guy hurts her 100 times worse than she hurt you, and then, when she's crying and depressed about it, her ****in house burns down. I know how you feel. Don't call her anymore. I made that mistake and was also told about the new bf, which just made things worse for me. Delete her phone#, get rid of her pics, and give it time. Don't talk to her anymore, and when you see her in class or whatever, don't even give her the ****in time of day, and act like she means nothing to you, even if it kills you. That's the only way you'll get her back, if you even want her back, but you shouldn't.

How did she **** him over? By breaking up with him? I understand it hurts being dumped, especially by someone you loved. I don't think I read that she cheated on him or anything. I know he was there for her when she was depressed. They're in college now, different stage of your life. Like shh! said she grew up and didn't need to be babied.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your not arrogant, I think you just wanted her to be happy and maybe thinking that after she got that out of her system she would come back to you. But with her having some problems before you guys got together I think she still deals with a lot of those issues. It's not easy to just get rid of the emotions and feelings you have about yourself or your life. I think she's still having a hard time with some of those things that got her to the "suicide" point in the first place. She may be doing better, but I think with her coming to you when she was upset or depressed she put those problems on you as well. Somewhat like bringing you to her level! I know your trying to help her these are all issues she has to deal with on her own to overcome them. You guys were together for a long time and it could be that she has reached another level in her life that she needs to explore.

It's hard breaking up with someone after being together for so long but I think she has a lot of growing up to do as well. And yes she started to treat you like shit, almost like she got what she needed from you and threw you away. And to get over this you have to look at it like that. To be honest I don't think there's much you can do here except look at the whole picture and learn from it in the future. You shouldn't let anyone treat you like that no matter how much you love them (not saying you let her.)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast