+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Found out through social media he has a girlfriend.

Found out through social media he has a girlfriend.

The other night I went on a date with a guy I used to work with. He was very polite (opened the car door for me, payed for the night, etc..) and didn't attempt anything sexual but treated me more as a friend. This confused me due to going on a date with him in my town, in public, and him flirting via text message. At the end of the night he asked for a kiss, we pecked, and he waited for me to get into my house.

I found out from social media he has been dating a girl for the past 2/3 months. He never brought it up to me but as time is going on he is acting more distant and not texting me as much. I brought how I felt and he said he was distant because of stress from work and that he'll make it up to me. The other night he asked me to bring a friend and meet up with him and his friend but he told me he fell asleep when he got home and I haven't answered him since.

I feel like I'm the one who's chasing him now and it shouldn't be that way. Not sure if I should say nothing or tell him this isn't going to work anymore? We never really were anything though so I just don't know how to go out about it. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks xo
    Last edited by AvaMarie; 02-08-16 at 08:46 PM.

Until he breaks up with his girlfriend, you should stop seeing him and stop talking to him. Think of how she would feel if she found out he took you out and kissed you. If I found out my BF did that, I would be incredibly hurt by that. He will do what he wants, and if he wants to cheat, then he will. But you shouldn't be contributing to that behavior.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I agree with you but I honestly didn't know he was taken when we first went out. I wanted advice from guy on how to approach the situation.
    Last edited by AvaMarie; 03-08-16 at 05:55 PM.

Now you do know. So you shouldn't feel like you are chasing him. You don't need to say anything to him either. Just ghost on him and stop talking to him. If he reaches out to you, unfriend or block him on all social media & your phone so he can't contact you anymore.

It's that simple, really. Then you can move on and find another guy who is into you, who doesn't have a girlfriend.

I agree. This is not a good recipe! You could let him know that you can't see him if he has a girlfriend, or simply move on without saying anything..