I was in a relationship with someone (long distance) that ended last year. It caused me a lot of pain and this year has been a real struggle. When she ended it she said she wanted friendship, etc. At first there was regular contact but it began to taper off over as the months passed. She kicked me off social media, wouldn't answer my calls, ignored my texts, but would randomly contact me. Well, after working with a therapist and reading books and just soul searching I just said to hell with this. I still have some feelings for her but I just decided I was done making a fool of myself. So I stopped contacting her. Yesterday she texted me in the morning. I wasn't at my desk so I didn't see it. She texted again an hour later. I responded and she began asking me questions. First she asked if I was weaning myself off her since I had not been calling her. She said if I was then that was a good thing. She asked if I was doing anything different (dating, new friends). I've been working with a trainer recently and she said "hopefully with your new body you will meet a nice girl". She called me a few hours later and we spoke about a few things. Then she asked me if I still had all the pictures we had taken together, specifically the "inappropriate" pictures. She said that she recently went through her pictures and got rid of any inappropriate ones of me. She said that she doesn't think it is right that friends would have naked pictures of each other. She said it wasn't fair to me for her to have those and wanted me to get rid of the ones I have. Oddly, months earlier she asked me about the pictures and said she didn't care if I had them.
First, the pictures are gone. I got rid of them because they caused me pain. So that was already done. My question is why did she contact me out of the blue and ask this? She acted as though we were friends. She has shown me no friendship in a long time. As I mentioned not taking calls, ignoring texts, etc. Early after the break up I asked to see her and she said not this month, but next. Then when that month arrived she canceled again. Whenever I asked she would say "I'll let you know". Well yesterday she was suddenly okay with seeing me. What the hell?
When the relationship ended she told me she never loved me, it was all a mistake, she was just going through a bad time. So basically I fell in love with someone that saw me as a mistake. She is a different person now. Maybe the thought that I had these pictures disturbs her now since she doesn't have any feelings for me. I asked if she was seeing somebody and that is why she wants me to not have them. She said no.
What bothers me is the approach she took. Saying all this stuff about friendship, even saying she would want to introduce me to her family as a friend. I never met them when we were together. they never even knew I existed. Nobody in her life knows about me. Everything just felt wrong. You can't push someone out of your life, ignore them in every way and then suddenly call and act like everything is fine.